NBN100 Low Speeds

lhollitt95
Level 2

Hi,

I recently changed to TPG superfast NBN100 and should be getting speeds between 30-71mb/s according to the official website. First I couldn't even connect to the internet and just had an NBN technician fix that for me, but we are getting an average speed of 15mb/s. I have tried changing the channel through tp-link but this made no difference or decreased the speed.

This is unacceptable, especially since when I am paying for the faster connection. The top speed I got with Telstra was 20mb/s, but it kept dropping out so I changed to TPG. Could this be a problem with the NBN line itself?

5 REPLIES 5
peter_k

Welcome to TPG Community,

Could you PM (Private message) me your customer ID, username, service address or mobile number so i can check the status here.

Regards

Peter

peter_k

Hi

NBN FTTN comes into your premise via telephone cables. The sync speed of this product is directly related to the distance you are from the Node. If you are too far from the Node then you will never obtain the speeds that you are after. Its a physical limitation and cannot be overcome. The other possibility is that you have a fault with your line. It seems from reading your post that you have had the same issues with another carrier.
I can see that your modem is syncing at 17.88 Mbps so there is no point in trying to improve your Wifi as it is operating Ok.

I will wait for your response.

Regards Peter

lhollitt95
Level 2

Hi Peter,

Should we just downgrade to the NBN50 then?

peter_k

Hi

After looking at your service and the distance you are from the Node that would be a good idea.

Regards

Peter

lococosam
Level 2

Salvatore Lo Coco  Id 5657617  1/36 Freeman Ave, 5073 Tranmere   low speed only 20 Mbps and when I connect 2 device the internet stop