TPG Community

Ask, answer and talk about our products

NBN50 FTTN very slow download speed issue

Highlighted
Level 1a

I had TPG FTTN NBN50 installed yesterday morning having upgraded from TPG ADSL2 and using the TPG supplied TP-link Archer VR1600v NBN modem and using ethernet connection only (wifi turned off) and with no other devices connected (apart from home phone to the modem which works fine) I only achieved an initial download speed (according to TPG website speed test connecting to TPG Sydney) of 20Mbps at approx 11am, this improved later that day to 25Mbps and by 7:13pm to 28Mbps.

I contacted TPG who advised of an internal issue and I was SMSed that normal service was available at 11:43pm however since 6:47am this morning running TPG website speed tests hourly still show a download rate of 28Mbps and downloads run only slightly faster than with ADSL2.

I've tried a different model TP-link NBN modem configued for TPG, a second disused phone connection, different cables and briefly suspended antivirus software but the speed hasn't changed.

I've emailed TPG with details but haven't received a reply yet.

Can someone please assist?

3 REPLIES

Hi @warglet,

Welcome to the community!

I am sorry to know that you're having difficulty with the service of your new NBN connection.

I would love to help and see what causing slow download speed of your service. I went ahead use your community details to pull up the account unfortunately no match.

Feel free to PM me your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

On the other hand, we did an article about basic troubleshooting for download speed please see link below.

Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

Cheers!

Hi @warglet,

Thanks for sending me your account details and providing additional details on this case. I can see that this has been raised to our Engineering Team and currently still under investigation.

As per the escalated fault, our Engineering Team will organize a TPG Technician to for further testing. I will made follow up on this further updates will be provided by one of our Engineers via SMS or Phone call.

Cheers!

Hi @warglet,

Good day! Please be advised that a TPG technician visit is booked for 14/Jan/2019 between 10AM - 2PM. Let me know how it will go and should you require further assistance.

Cheers!