NBN50 Speed

chaitanythaker
Level 2
Hi I have recently got NBN50 unlimited plan. On first day I received good speed. But now from last couple of days I am receiving less than 2 Mbps speed. Any suggestions??
I tried calling TPG but no answer and long hold time more than 15 - 18 minutes??
2 REPLIES 2
Will

Hi @chaitanythaker

Welcome to the Community!

Using your community details, I was able to pull up your account and performed test. The speed that you're getting doesn't match the result that I'm able to detect which is 32Mbps.

Are all your devices on wireless connection only? If possible, you might want to test a laptop/computer connected directly via an ethernet cord to the modem to test if the speed is better. That will narrow down the issue to a possible wifi concern. If the slow speed is isolated to wifi connection only, you can try and improve it by changing the wireless channel. For more info on how to do so, please check this link: Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it?

I can also arrange a call back from one of our Senior Technicians to help you. Can you send me a PM providing your preferred contact number and the best time to reach you? For your reference on how to send a PM, you can visit this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Will

Hi @chaitanythaker

I can see that you've already spoken to our Technical Helpdesk on February 15 and that you were able to get 38Mbps via ethernet connection. You were then advised to change the wifi channel to improve the speed over wireless connection

Were you already able to change the wifi channel? How did it go?

Regards,