TPG Community

Get online support

NBnTechnician Broke my internet

rachblondy1
Level 2
After over a year of bad NBN, I managed to get it fixed.
It was great for a few months till a week ago.

The kids come complaining the internet stopped working.
I tried to get it to reconnect without luck.

I then had to go run a few errands.
When I leave I see the covers been removed on an old Telstra box at the side of my house and go around the corner to see a technician working on a pole.

I stopped and asked him if he knew he had disconnected my internet. Thinking he is working on someone welded as mine's working fine and I wasn't warned of work being done or an outage to him telling me he is there to "FIX" mine.

The issue now is I'm lying for a 100mps plan and my internet is now so bad I can't open a web page let alone anything else.
Speed tests tell me the best I can get is 21mps one time
3 REPLIES 3
rachblondy1
Level 2
So I'm now paying for the best plan and given the worst plan at best plan costs.

I've tried many times to live chat for help but they keep saying they are all dealing with other customers please try later ....
Treeml
Level 2
Wow almost the exactly the same thing happened to me today. Technician came out front of house. Internet went down. Then he leaves and we've had no connection all day. Tpg is not saying there is no connection detected to our house. Really frustrating trying to work from home. Never had an issue in 10 years.

Did they ever fix it?
Ahra_G

Hi @Treeml

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages. - https://www.tpg.com.au/support/servicestatus

If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link:

Troubleshooting No Internet Connection

If the issue persists, please let us know of your Customer ID or service address via private message so we can assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ahra_G