TPG Community

Get online support

NTD box is not available and TPG is blaming NBN

satban
Level 3

I am in a NBN enabled property. So I applied for a NBN connection with TPG. I asked the sales person if all the components will be provided by TPG as I knew there is a need of a NTD device to have NBN connection. The sales manager went all affirmative and said TPG will arrange and sort installation whenever and wherever required. However, after the sale went through the technical case manager said 'ohh without the device we cannot connect you to internet'. I had already mentioned this before and yet sales did not pass this information to tech and completed a sales. I was told it will be NBN who will come to the property and do an installation with the box. 

I get a call from NBN for an installtion on 28/3/18. While I am glad that someone will address this I receive another call from TPG case manager on 26/3/18 saying there is no appointment from NBN scheduled in the week. Not only am I confused but now I do not know how and when I will get internet. I am told an expedited request is filed with NBN and it will take at least 5 days to hear back from them. So I wait again.

So I wait for 5 more days and call on 3/4/18 (no one cares to call me back). I am then narrated about the easter weekend and the case maanger tries to say its not been 5 days. I explain the case manager that I can count the days and its been 5 working days excluding the easter weekend already. Then I am narrated the same sob story and told to wait for 2 more days. TPG just says it is with NBN and we have asked them.

I do not have any confidence in the case being responded by TPG even after two days i.e. today 5/4/18.

I am considering reporting this to TIO tomorrow. Has anyone been here? What are my options?

I have already checked for copper broadband and that is not an option because the property is already NBN enabled.

23 REPLIES 23
BasilDV

Good day @satban,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We understand the importance of your service. However, as you are aware we rely on NBN Co in resolving this delay in your service installation. We've raised this with our Service delivery team and they will contact you today. Your experience is important to us and we will be keeping a close eye on your matter and will provide you with updates where possible.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Hi @satban,

I understand that our Service delivery team has been in touch and have informed you that your address is not yet NBN HFC serviceable. In December last year after many months of issues delivering NBN via HFC technology, NBN Co announced that they will be pausing the release of any new NBN HFC addresses for a period of 6 - 9 months so that they can complete urgent repairs and upgrades to the network.

For more info on this check out https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/NBN-Installation/The-NBN-HFC-order-halt-amp-what-it-means-for-you/m-...

Your address is one of the tens of thousands of addresses impacted and delays to getting NBN connected are expected. No new date is currently available.

Fortunately, ADSL2+ is still available for you and the order has been processed. You'll be notified via email of the progress of the order.

Let us know should you require any further assistance.

Kind regards,

satban
Level 3

Yes, I did receive the call from TPG and they have spoken about ASDL2.
Now there are two parts - one this should have been checked at the time of sale itself, so TPG only sells what it promises. It would have saved weeks of waiting time for me and also multiple admin activities for TPG.

The second question is the property was serviced by TPG on NBN (previous owner) till January, hence the reason for me on applying with TPG. What has changed in two months now? What is the gurantee that ASDL is not deprecated at the address as I can clearly see a NBN wall socket in the house. 

All in all for me the customer it is again weeks and weeks of waiting with uncertainity. How sure are you that ASDL will be connected and in what time window?

BasilDV

Hi @satban,

Our Sales team was able to proceed with the NBN HFC order since it used to be installed on your address.

However, NBN Co was not able to detect the NTD (Network Terminating Device) on the first order which is the main reason why they were not able to proceed with the activation of your service. As a resolution, we needed to submit a new order to NBN Co requesting for a technician visit to install the equipment but they rejected it and advised that the area is not serviceable instead.

This contradicts the result we received on the first order and a reason for us to raise it to NBN Co for further clarification.

Regards,

satban
Level 3

Yes, the NTD box was not in the property at the time of applying. However, the previous owner has returned the box last night.

Does that open up a possibility of getting NBN again or is the problem something different? If so what is the NBN blocker?

BasilDV

If it was returned, have you tried reconnecting the NTD box to the cable socket? What's the status of the light of the ARRIS box?

We can't guarantee that the NBN service can be given as they've already declared that your address is not serviceable, but we will provide this information to NBN Co for further investigation. What do you mean about the NBN blocker?

Thank you.

BasilDV

I received your private message and will be requesting for your case manager to contact you within the day to discuss this further.

Regards,

BasilDV

Hi @satban,

I understand that your case manager has been in touch and was informed that the NBN can't be provided at your address as of the moment. Your ADSL2+ order is still in progress and email notification will be given for further updates.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

satban
Level 3
The pathetic customer service of TPG a continues, I knew this is where it will go looking at the previous feedback. After 7 days of dilly dallying with the connection from NBN to ADSL I call up because TPG cannot process my Bank details. I am connected with a consultant named Amy/Aimee. She starts her misinformation campaign -

She says the payment is in restricted status because my name is spelled incorrectly compared to what I had given in the bank account. It appears that there was a typo in copying my name to the ADSL account. I go through the spelling and get it corrected.

She then says she has requested processing of $289.x I clarify that should not be the case because the case manager had confirmed the money from NBN account would be brought forward. She now steps to an accusatory tone - ‘what payment? Which account? There are no payments ever made. Are you sure you did it with TPG(how silly can the customer be)? It was in your old address.’ In short I spend one hour of my life dealing with this, recanting the entire story of the NBN mishap. She then goes ahead and lies ohh we have processed a refund and it’s with your bank. I ask her the refund date? She fumbles and then diverts the answer. Saying she will ask finance to take the balance payment of ASDL and NBN and this will take 48 hours because I did not ask her to take the balance payment when I called. In an overall confused state she ends the call.
I am called back again in 15 minutes saying finance has processed the entire payment already and says if the details of my bank account are incorrect they will charge me more money. She also says since the entire amount is charged she will now process a refund of the NBN fees. I am fed up by now and give up and tell her to do what is necessary. I get a reference number - 43974104 because it seems something is not right.
Wait my problem isn’t over 3 days later I am emailed I have provided incorrect bank details and the payment did not go through hence TPG wants more money as a penalty for processing my payment with a typo in my name.

Great job TPG - is there any reason that this should not be on social media and with TIO? What is the extent of your poor customer service?
Listen to call reference- 43974104