Nbn installation

786guri
Level 2
hi, i moved into a new house with nbn connection box in the garage. i am with tpg adsl2+ and when i requested to move the services to new home, i was told its an nbn area, so, adsl2+ won't be moved. i have to switch to nbn. When i requested for nbn, i was told my home address is missing in nbn database. i rang nbnco and raised my query as well via email, but nothing fruitful. can someone help me on this please. thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @786guri

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and checked the new address, however, there's no information coming from the NBN Co that the technology is available.

Are you able to post a screenshot of the NBN Connection box that you have in the garage along with it's serial number? We will raise a service request with the NBN Co to check if it is serviceable with the new technology.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

786guri
Level 2
Thanks for the reply. I am attaching pics of NBN connection box which is installed in my garage. I don't know it's number. May be the pics be of some help. Thanks.
Will

Hi @786guri,

Thanks for those screenshots. I'm afraid that the box you posted is simply an enclosure for the actual NTD that will still need to be installed. Probably NBNCo or the builder installed this in preparation for the upcoming NBN service.

Regards,

786guri
Level 2
Hi basil,
can you please advise if i can have adsl2+ or any other broadband services as NBN is not available to my premises at the moment. i go to uni and its very hard without internet.
thanks in advance.
BasilDV

Hi @786guri,

We were advised by NBN Co that you need to apply for a New Development Application via the nbn website. To begin the process, please complete the Pre-Qualification form online at http://www2.nbnco.com.au/industry/new-developments.html or search Register your new development on the nbn website.

Checking your new address, the available service that we can provide you is our ADSL2+ Off-net service. You may refer to our website.

I will arrange a call from our Change of location team to discuss this further. Please shoot me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

How to send a PM? Click How do I private message (PM) in the community.

Regards,

BasilDV