Nbn moving home

SOLVED Go to solution
lydiahank
Level 2
We recently moved our nbn service to another residential address. Nbn guy came to install the box, we plugged in the modem, everything is OK except there is no internet connection for the WiFi. There is no help support for tpg at the moment and their live chat is always busy. Do they need to activate the service before I can get connected or is there something else? Everything is connected fine and we have restarted everything multiple times already.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

In the picture, there is a blue cable in the Internet port on the wifi router. Does that go to the nbn box?

Out of curiosity, what is the thing next to that cable?

Is that router supplied by TPG or is it your own purchase? What model is it?

Was it working at your previous address?
Need to check that your userid and password are still configured in router.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
david64
Level 15

You say "no internet connection for the WiFi". Do you have a computer connected by cable to router? Can it access the internet?

What lights are lit on the NBN connection box and the wifi router?

You might receive a message from TPG when all the other work is complete.

lydiahank
Level 2
Thank you for your reply. All lights are on in the nbn box and the internet is plugged in the router (attached pics). I tried your suggestion of plugging my computer directly to router and still no internet. Does tpg need to do something on their end? It has been three days already.
david64
Level 15

In the picture, there is a blue cable in the Internet port on the wifi router. Does that go to the nbn box?

Out of curiosity, what is the thing next to that cable?

Is that router supplied by TPG or is it your own purchase? What model is it?

Was it working at your previous address?
Need to check that your userid and password are still configured in router.

lydiahank
Level 2
Thanks David! Problem solved. It was an old router that worked in my old residential address. I ordered a new one from tpg and it works in the new place. Much appreciated and thanks for your patience.
Viengsamai
Level 2
I am Viengsamai Souliyavong 60 Kingdom Ave Kings Park. We are moving on
20/04/2020 To 94 Windsor BLDV Derrimut can you please transfer NBN to my address. Thanks.