Nbn superfast speed

kenlean01
Level 2
I am not getting anywhere close to the 200mb speeds as advertised. I’m averaging 50/10 on the Speedtests. The speed is clearly capped around 50.
I have submitted multiple complaints but have not had the issue resolved
10 REPLIES 10
Riezl

Hi @kenlean01 ,

We've created some articles that will help you troubleshoot the Slow speed issue.

If you are using a WIFI connection, then you may check these links to improve your home network.

If you need further assistance, please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

avt85
Level 4

i had the same issue.

despite signing up to the new superfast (discounted) plan. i still got reverted to nbn 50.

i rang tech support today and was told that NBN reverted my connection back from trial connection
so they sent another request to get nbn to connect to the new super fast connection.
this was today morning, they said 24hours to be actioned.

so will see tomorrow. I just thought this would have been automatic since the charge for the new plan was already actioned, account settings confirms the new plan and received email plan already changed over.

it seems like a disconnect between billing and actual plan changes.

avt85
Level 4

rang again today (24hours later)

it appears that the attempt to switch me over failed again and reverted back to nbn50.
been advised that it is being escalated to account's team who has more permission to forcefully adjust this.

check back gain in 24hours Smiley Sad
hopefully this time it actually takes effect.
so far 3 days into the paid new plan and only got nbn50 speeds Smiley Sad

kenlean01
Level 2
I’m into day 7 and still the issue is not fixed.
The tech guy who called yesterday did a speed test and then said he has to escalate it further. Exactly what I’ve been telling them the whole week.
So it’s 24 hours after 24 hours .

I’ve always been on the 50 plan even when there was the free promotion. But now it’s getting ridiculous since I’m paying for it.
avt85
Level 4

oh wow!
i remember that happen to me during the promo and kept calling.

eventually got changed to the 250+mbps

but  i agree, being stuck with nbn 50 while paying for ultrafast speed absolutely sucks.
if you are on Day 7, the future is looking bleak for me now. hahaha

avt85
Level 4

i wonder what would happen if we were to change plan to nbn 50, then kept attempting to change back to nbn superfast every other day.
eventually, the right person will flick the switch and connect us to the right speeds right? *wishful thinking, i know*

BasilDV

Hi @kenlean01

Just a quick update.

We checked the status of your NBN case and learned that there's an NBN network fault that affected your service.

This is now being investigated by our wholesale provider (NBN Co) and updates will be provided as soon as it becomes available.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @avt85

The issue with your connection speed has been fixed.

Please try to reboot the modem/router and test the connection again.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

kenlean01
Level 2
Hi
The issue is still the same. Speedtest attached