TPG Community

Get online support

Need an alternative or NBN connected ASAP

martoon01
Level 3
So, I signed up and paid everything a month ago and was told the technician is gonna come 23rd April for nbn utility box installation. So the problem is the optical fibre in the pit has no light signal so it was a failed installation. Now the TPG is just like until nbn fixes this we cannot do anything at all and it's out of their control. Anytime I ask for a follow up or a date for fixing the issue i get the same answers. So it seems to me like TPG is not giving any pressure or request to the NBNco to get their customer connected. If this goes on it will definitely take months for nbn to actually care about the issue. I know there maybe lot of household with problem but I can't do anything without internet. We have 4 people constantly needing internet for work and study and our mobile data is going to excess. We desparately need an internet connection going on.
I want to request TPG to please provide me with an alternative even if it is ADSL or give me some assurance that they are trying to force nbn from their side. Otherwise just refund the amout I paid and I've nothing to do with you and I'll go with some other ISP. Sorry but I'm totally frustrated. Please help.
4 REPLIES 4
David_M

Hi @martoon01 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @martoon01 

Unfortunately there isnt anything we can do. The NBN statement on your account is below.

This is an NBN/GOVT delay. COVID-19.

ADSL can not be used once an area is NBN ready for sale.

Your only option is some form of mobile usage until the GOVT lifts the bans which is hopefully not too far away.

''The planned remediation work for this Held Order has been deemed non-essential at this time and will not proceed. In addition to this, as remediation for your order will not proceed, no updates to the planned remediation date will be provided.

For information on nbns response to COVID-19, please reach out to your nbn Account Team or refer to the latest Operational Notice. The decision was made under our Planned Outage Reduction Plan, which has been established by Network Operations in response to COVID-19, where nbn has assessed all upcoming planned network maintenance activity.

Updates will be made available when known, until this time the order will remain in held with no update to the PRD. nbn believes the measures that have been taken to progress this order are appropriate in the circumstances. During this time, nbn remain focused on the wellbeing of all nbn staff, including field contractors and delivery partners, as well as supporting all Australians by maintaining and assuring the performance of the nbn network.

This incident will now be closed.

Regards,
nbn''

Regards,

David_M

martoon01
Level 3
Hi @David_M
Thanks for the update. hope i get to know when I'll get this issue fixed as soon as the ban is lifted.
martoon01
Level 3
@David_M
Hi David, Can you please check on your end with nbn if the connection is fixed because one technician was working outside for nbn connection today? Thank you