TPG Community

Get online support

Need help with the speed of my new NBN FTTN 50 plan

ddeb
Level 2

Last week my NBN FTTN 50 plan was installed after being on TPG's ADSL2+ connection for ages. So far I am regretting the move. I got HIGHER speed on my ADSL2+ which is a joke. On a supposed 50MBPS connection, I am getting less than 10 MBPS - I used to frequently clock 12+ MBPS on my ADSL2+.

I called customer service and the agent tried to sell me the copper BS excuse. A job was logged and I was told an 'engineer' will be in touch within 24 hours. It's been a few days and yet no contact from this supposed 'engineer'.

Please fix this issue or I am going elsewhere after being with TPG for more than 6.5 years.

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @ddeb,

Welcome to the community!

TPG has recently been rated #1 for NBN download speed in very busy hours – (ACCC Feb 2019 speed monitoring report) so if you are not receiving great speeds then we would definitely like to look into this further you.

We are sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with the speeds you were receiving. We are able to locate your account using your community details and ran an initial test.

Test result shows the speed on the line is not passing, we will raise this to our Engineering Team for further test and investigation. Updates will be provided within 24hrs.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Cheers!

ddeb
Level 2

Thanks for your response - will look forward to the solution from your engineer. Note that the exact response was given by the tech support rep - ticket 9359917 was logged but no solution till date.

Shane

Hi @ddeb,

We apologise for the delay and understand you feel that your connection issue is taking far too long to resolve. We will prioritise this issue, further updates will be provided by one of our Engineers.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @ddeb,

Good day! We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Engineers and advised that we'll be sending a TPG Technician to check your connection tomorrow 10/Apr/2019 between 1PM - 5PM.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!