TPG Community

Get online support

Netgear Orbi RBK23 AC2200 Connection to FTTC NBN

SOLVED Go to solution
melayteh
Level 2

I am thinking of purchsing the Netgear Orbi RBK23 AC2200 Mesh Wifi to connect to my TPG FTTC. 

I am using the TP Link VR1600V modem.

Does anyone know if there will be a problem in connecting to the VR1600v?  I am aware that I have to turn off the wifi on the the VR1600v.

Is there any other settings on the Orbi that I have to set?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JayeshP9

Welcome to TPG Community,

I don't think any issue because Netgear orbi will do your wireless part so you need to connect it from one of Ethernet port ( LAN port ) of tp link router VR1600v to Netgear orbi router WAN port ( internet port) then you just need to configure  netgear orbi. As you mentioned its better to turn off wireless of tp link router. The reason we need to use Tp link archer VR1600v router is for Authentication and your home phone service.

regards

JayeshP9.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JayeshP9

Welcome to TPG Community,

I don't think any issue because Netgear orbi will do your wireless part so you need to connect it from one of Ethernet port ( LAN port ) of tp link router VR1600v to Netgear orbi router WAN port ( internet port) then you just need to configure  netgear orbi. As you mentioned its better to turn off wireless of tp link router. The reason we need to use Tp link archer VR1600v router is for Authentication and your home phone service.

regards

JayeshP9.

melayteh
Level 2

Hello JayeshP9,

Thanks for prompt reply.  You guys must be fielding lots of brickbats these days...here is a bouquet instead...

Got my NBN installed on 2 Apr 20.  The installation wasn't trouble free...NBN worked for only 50mins.  Like many others I could not get to phone support and so used Online Chat.  I attempted to get in queue a few times and managed to get in the queue about the 5th attempt - was number 74...then waited 90mins before I lost my place in the queue!!!

My fault...so tried to get in the queue again...this time was number 70! Anyway, after another 60mins, got to chat and my problem was logged.

Given that my problem was logged on a Thursday afternoon, TPG Engineers replied to me on a SUNDAY AFTERNOON!!!  And they came the next day on MONDAY AFTERNOON and found the problem...Apparently it was a faulty device in the "junction box" at the curb.  Anyway problem fixed in a flash!  (I could question why was there a fault in a new install in the first place, but I won't...these things happen)

So even though we had no internet for 4 days which was like having no clean water for 4 days, we are back online and given the unusual times we are in...it was a pretty quick turnaround and a quick fix.

So thank you TPG Smiley Happy   Keep smiling...

dennisc
Level 3

I looked quite extensively into mesh systems and they all seem to do the job, albeit at quite high prices in some cases.  Then a friend who is in the computer business told me about the TP-Link RE450 WI-FI extender.  I bought one and it's brilliant.  I returned my mesh system and the RE450 has done the job seamlessly.  Have a look here:  https://www.toptenreviews.com/wi-fi-boosters-tp-link-re450-review.

JayeshP9

Hi dennisc,

Thats' good,   TP-Link RE450 work for you and you are happy with it.

Normally  extenders operate under a different name from that of your existing WiFi network, forcing you to manually switch between your original and extended networks. NETGEAR WiFi 6 Mesh Extenders, however, simply extend the range of your existing WiFi, even taking on the same network name you’ve always used. This makes for an effortless, seamless online experience, even as you’re moving through the house.

Regards

JayeshP9.

dennisc
Level 3

Hi Jayesh.

That's what makes the RE450 so good.  It takes on the same network name, enabling roaming.  It also checks your positioning of the range extender to confirm it's in an optimal position.

Cheers,