TPG Community

Get online support

New connected area & now told installation cancelled

SOLVED Go to solution
Sara
Level 2

I have been in the process of agreeing to check cables etc... since my street just became NBN ready. I received an email to say a package was being sent to me (I assume a modem but I've not been told what is being sent or why).

Then today out of the blue I received an email that my installation had been cancelled as I had requested this.

I had certainly NOT requested a cancellation.

NBN has only just come to our town, so I have no idea what is going on here.... why is this so difficult?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @Sara,

Initially, we were advised by NBN Co that the address will NBN ready by March 2019, however, it seems that further works are needed to install the infrastructure.

You may keep it so once the NBN is ready, you already have a modem in hand. Or return it to us and we will refund the $10 shipping charge.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sara
Level 2

Any moderator care to answer? A modem has arrived today, but according to your logistics email connection is cancelled as I requested (see original post - I've never made such a request).

BasilDV

Hi @Sara,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We tried to search for your account using your community details, but failed to find a match.

We'd like to understand this further. Please shoot me a private message with your TPG username or customer ID number.

How to send a PM? Click here.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @Sara,

Thank you for sending your account details via PM.

Upon checking the account. Your address is still not NBN serviceable.

Based on NBN Co address checker, the construction status in your address is "Build commenced", which means that the NBN Co has issued contract instructions to construction partners so they can commence work in the area.

This is why you received an Email advising you that the NBN order was canceled.

Kind regards,
BasilDV

Sara
Level 2

Hi Basil,

Thank you for clarifying, I had no idea if my address was ready but I began receiving emails from TPG to tell me it was and to go ahead with installation.

What should I do with the modem sent to me? I haven't opened the package.

Sara

BasilDV

Hi @Sara,

Initially, we were advised by NBN Co that the address will NBN ready by March 2019, however, it seems that further works are needed to install the infrastructure.

You may keep it so once the NBN is ready, you already have a modem in hand. Or return it to us and we will refund the $10 shipping charge.

Kind regards,

BasilDV