No internet fttp

Jessicahewitt
Level 3
Orange light on modem, comes up saying username/password is wrong.

Using the uni-d1. None of the other ports come up either. Please help.
13 REPLIES 13
david64
Level 15

Hi @Jessicahewitt . 

If all working, light status should be:

Power green

Optical green means connected to fibre network. (Red means not connected)

Alarm green means all OK

UNI-D1 orange means gigabit device detected (router).

What is the state of lights on wifi router? What model is it?

The userid and password should be the ones used in My Account.

Jessicahewitt
Level 3
Every light green on both modem and nbn box except the internet connection which is orange on the modem. Uni-d1 is green on the nbn router but orange on the end of the modem.

Have used my tpg username and password. Even tried resetting the password. Previously used the same modem at last 2 properties with no issues. Modem is a TP link AC1200 duel band c50, bought after the tpg modem blew up in an electrical storm almost a year ago.
Jessicahewitt
Level 3
david64
Level 15

@Jessicahewitt . The green UNI-D1 light means a 100Mbps device is connected (Archer).

Orange light on Archer means it has detected the NBN box but no internet.

Have you tried a restart (not reset) on both units?

(The Alarm light in the photo doesn't seem as bright as the other 3 green lights.)

Check the Archer System Log:   System Tools > System Log.  Any messages relating to "PPP"?

Or wrong userid/password.

Jessicahewitt
Level 3
Have tried a restart on both units twice.
Reset the modem completely as well.
Alarm light does not seem to be lit up at all.
Getting authentication failed wrong username/password
Messages related to PPP say error content says ppp2
I also have an error saying username account disabled but the account details aren’t mine?
BasilDV

Hi @Jessicahewitt 

We'd like to check on this further and see what we can do to restore the service.

Please send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

Jessicahewitt
Level 3
Hi basil,
I have since rung tpg. The requested service was not transferred 4 days ago as I believed and has now been transferred. I will be checking the modem when I return home as I’ve got a text message saying it’s active now.
Jessicahewitt
Level 3
Disregard my earlier message, still having the same issues
david64
Level 15

@Jessicahewitt . Could you provide a photo or type it out of the serial number and mac address of the FTTP box from the label. It should be visible from the front. And the mac address of the WAN port of the Archer; you might have to login to it. That should be enough for TPG to see they have the right connection and whether Archer is trying to authenticate.