TPG Community

Get online support

No internet light FTTN connection

SOLVED Go to solution
tauaafam0611
Level 2
We have received modem and technician has been and done his part for the connection and activation email has been received. However, we are still unable to get the connection working. The internet light on modem does not turn on.

I have logged this issue with tech support a few times now with no response. No luck with online chat and calling through either. We are trying to get this issue sorted before kids start home learning.

Can someone please contact me back!!!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JayeshP9
Hi tauaafam0611,
I believe currently  modem is under auto-configuation but in case if you require to configure modem by manual configuration then follow below steps.

A. Open your browser and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.1 and press Enter

B. Enter admin for both the username and password and click Login. If you have changed the login credentials, please enter the current username and password for your modem interface.

C. You will see the home screen shown on the right. Click the Advanced tab.

D. On the menu on the left side of the page, click Network to expand the menu and then click DSL.

E. Click the Edit button on pppoe_ptm_2_0_d.

F. Enter your TPG Username and Password. Click Save

G.  Click the Basic tab  

H. On the menu on the left side of the page, click Wireless

I. You can change your Wi-Fi details or keep the default settings. The default Wi-Fi SSID (network name) is WiFi-xxxx (xxxx is a random 4 digit alphanumeric code printed on the sticker underneath your modem).
  By default, the Wi-Fi password is printed on a sticker underneath your modem (Wireless Password/Key). Click Save.

Setup complete!

see below link as well

regards
JayeshP9.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
JayeshP9

Welcome to TPG Community,

You can private message to me your customer ID, username, service address or mobile number so i can check status here.

regards

JayeshP9

tauaafam0611
Level 2
I’ve sent you details
JayeshP9

Hi tauaafam0611,

I have done some test here and noted that something else might connected to your network as well so can you provide below detail to me.

1. Where is modem connected?
  2. How many wall sockets in your place?
  3. anything else connected to other socket?
  4. Where nbn technician done test?
  5. Which light are ON for modem?
  6. Previously are you using same socket for ADSL?

Regards

JayeshP9

tauaafam0611
Level 2
Hi,

1. Modem is in the kitchen
2. There is 2 wall sockets the other one is broken
3. Nothing else connected to the other wall socket
4. The nbn technician did the test on the wall socket in the kitchen
5. Only lights working - power, DSL (flashes), 2.4G and 5G
6. We have not had adsl connected in this house that we are aware of
JayeshP9

Hi,

any time DSL light become stable at all?  

Regards

JayeshP9.

tauaafam0611
Level 2
It’s never been stable since we plugged in the modem and turned on. Only flashes every now and again
JayeshP9

Ok Thanks,

Make sure cable coming from wall socket is directly connected to  gray DSL port  of router.  I suspect technician might haven't completed job because DSL should be stable, normally it will take 3-5 minutes to come up once we connect modem, I believe you have tP link Vr1600v VDSL modem router.

See below link for set up,

https://link.tpg.com.au/FTTN/B

Regards

JayeshP9.

tauaafam0611
Level 2
Yes we do have the VR1600v and have followed the instructions from set up video directly but still won’t allow us to connect.

JayeshP9

Is there MDF/communication room  in your building?

can you  try other socket?

was service proved by nbn technician  with his modem/ your modem during visit?

otherwise probably MDF jumpering require here.

regards

JayeshP9.