TPG Community

Get online support

No internet light on TPG modem. No data

SOLVED Go to solution
smaustralia23
Level 2
NBN and router installed today. 4 blue lights on the NBN box but no 'internet' light on the modem. And as such, no data is getting through to devices. Initially, this morning I was able to connect a single device but when I tried to connect another, the initial device would crash. Now I cannot connect any device. I have reset the modem and re-booted the NBN box, as did the technician when he was here.. help please!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mal_mod

Hi @smaustralia23 

I  have since checked your account and NBN connection. 
I  can confirm connectivity & authentication. 

*Sometimes the Router will require at  least  30 - 60  minutes from the time the NCD ( white NBN box obtaisn it's full 3 - 4 solid lights ) 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
david64
Level 15

What model wifi router do you have?

When you reset it, did you re-enter your TPG username and password in the PPPoE section?

Are you using ethernet device or wifi devices?

Dò both wifi networks show up on your devices?

Do they get good signal strength?

smaustralia23
Level 2

Thanks David,

I just have the standard TPG modem they sent me. Archer VR1600v

I have only reset via a paperclip and dont have an ip address to connect to the modem.

We're using wifi only and yes, all devices can pick up wifi but there is no data at all. On the modem, the 'internet light' is not 'lit'

david64
Level 15

On your wifi device, when you select the network, does it connect automatically or do you have to type in the wifi password?

Is there any error message from the connection attempt?

If it doesnt work, check the properties of the connection. Select Show advanced options. In "ip settings", does it show DHCP? (This is android.)

smaustralia23
Level 2

thnx David. Easy, auto-connect to wireless from all devices. This is a data/modem setup issue I expect.

peter_k

Welcome to TPG Community,

Could you PM (Private message) me your customer ID, username, service address or mobile number so I can check the status here.

To learn how to send a private message, click here.  

Regards,
Peter

Mal_mod

Hi @smaustralia23 

I  have since checked your account and NBN connection. 
I  can confirm connectivity & authentication. 

*Sometimes the Router will require at  least  30 - 60  minutes from the time the NCD ( white NBN box obtaisn it's full 3 - 4 solid lights ) 

smaustralia23
Level 2

Thanks Mal.

It was a port problem in the street. the neighbour next door has the exact same problem. Upon seeing an NBN tech in his van, I raced out and begged/cajoled him into repairing my port as well. That saved a week of TPG-techs identifying the issue and allocaing another NBN engineer (5-7 days).

All good now!