Optical Red Light

jkstrangman
Level 2
The Optical light on our NBN FTTP connection has come up red. We have tried resetting the box and that did nothing. Checked and there are no planned outages in our area.

Have tried to contact TPG by phone and online support, won’t answer the phone and it’s impossible to ask questions in the online support because everyone is always busy. Surely people should be able to ask a question and have their question put in a queue rather than having to wait and guess when an operator will be free, otherwise they won’t get a response?

We have only had this connection for just over two weeks and already having problems, and when we try to contact TPG, any kind of assistance is ignored. Appalling customer service and I really didn’t think I’d be questioning our decision to go with TPG for our NBN connection after just two weeks.
6 REPLIES 6
JayeshP9

Welcome to TPG Community,

You can private message to me your customer ID, username, service address or mobile number so i can check status here.

regards

JayeshP9

JayeshP9

Hi  jkstrangman,

Sorry to hear that  you got red optical light on your nbn NCD, I have noted  that there is nbn line issue for your connection so i have create nbn technician ticket, reference # 59493328.

You will receive update  from us once we get confirmation from NBN.

regards

JayeshP9.

jkstrangman
Level 2
Thanks Jayesh, looking forward to a solution soon so I can continue my work from home
jkstrangman
Level 2
Two weeks later, this has happened again. Same problem as last time. Can someone competent be sent out to fix it? I cannot have this disruption happening again, this is threatening my job
JayeshP9

Hi  jkstrangman,

Sorry to hear that  you got red optical light again  on your nbn NCD even after fixing after nbn technician recently, I have noted  that there is nbn line issue for your connection so i have create nbn technician ticket, reference #59579498

You will receive update  from us once we get confirmation from NBN.

regards

jkstrangman
Level 2
Thanks Jayesh, hopefully someone that knows what they are doing can come out this time.