TPG Community

Get online support

Phone/Internet Disconnected

stevekain
Level 2

I decided to switch to TPG from Optus so placed an order for NBN connection and port my home phone number across. An attempt was made to connect us on 24/7 however there is a problem with the equipment in the street (apparently this has been the case for months so goodness knows when NBNco will fix it) so NBN can't be connected at the moment. I was therefore relying on my Optus service until such time as an active NBN connection could be made.

Apparently TPG lodged a port forward request with Optus even though the NBN connection was unsuccessful. Acting on TPG's request, Optus has disconnected my home phone and DSL. I now have NO HOME PHONE/INTERNET and no way to know how many more months it will take NBNco to fix the problem. Surely TPG shouldn't put the port order to Optus until the NBN is connected?

Is there anything TPG can do to escalate/fix this? We've had the phone number for a long tine and don't want to lose it and a lot of people use the number to contact us so not sure how we let them know about the problem. Lastly, can TPG provide temporary internet solution until the NBN connection is active?

32 REPLIES 32
Riezl

Hi @stevekain, we're sorry to know that you're having issues with the service installation and if you have no active connection at the moment. We have located the account using your community details and we can see that the issue has been escalated to our Provisioning Team.

We have also received your email and the case manager has replied to it advising that your phone number should remain active until NBN has been successfully connected. We recommend that you contact Optus to ensure that the phone number or your service with them remains active so we can successfully port the number to TPG once your NBN service is installed.

With regard to the temporary service you're requesting, we have raised this to our Provisioning Team to check what can be done and the assigned case manager will contact you to further discuss the matter.

The case manager will contact you on the mobile number we have on file. Thank you.

stevekain
Level 2

Thanks for getting back to me. I spoke to Optus yesterday but didn't get far. They tell me I would have to lodge a new order with them and it would take 7 to 10 days to process - what a disaster. Not sure if that means I have to cancel the TPG order? I'll give Optus another call and clarify what needs to be done to get an active land line.

Spoke to the case manager and seems nothing can be done to get us back on the internet while we wait for NBN to fix the problem in the street. I think I mentioned NBN has been aware of the problem for a long time so I don't hold out much hope of it being fixed in the near future. I'm not overly technical so not sure if a sim only data arrangement would enable me to hotspot off my mobile - I don't even know if that is possible or how I'd go about it. Anyway case manager didn't mention it and I didn't think of it.

I'll give Optus a call shortly.

Riezl

Thanks @stevekain. We'll wait for your update.

stevekain
Level 2

Getting no where fast. No one seems to be able/willing to help me. No phone and DSL looks like it is about to be cancelled. We've had the phone number for many, many years so I still hope that we'll be able to get it back. I have no idea when the NBN will be fixed or when we might get connected. This whole experience has become an absolute nightmare (not TPG's fault that NBN can't get their act together). I have no way of knowing whose "fault" it is that we don't have a phone. Optus keep telling me the only way I get my phone basck is to cancel TPG and put an order in with them. I don't want to do this Smiley Sad

BasilDV

Hi @stevekain,

We understand that your case manager was able to contact you yesterday and was advised that the number needs to be active in order to process the porting, however, if it's cancelled or terminated, then there's a chance that it will not be ported.

Our Provisioning team will still try to get your number, but can't guarantee the result.

We were advised by NBN Co that they plan to rectify the issue within their network on the 16th of August, but still subject to change depending on the complexity of the fault.

Further updates with the order will be given by your case manager once available.

Regards,

BasilDV

stevekain
Level 2

Optus must have reactivated the phone number as it is working at the moment. I haven't heard but I am assuming that the 16/8 date that NBNco advised for rectification has passed without being fixed. 7 months seems like long enough but they obviously need more time Smiley Sad FYI the fault is not complex. Look forward to hearing an update of when it will be fixed so that I can get connected.

BasilDV

Hi @stevekain,

We've checked the update from the NBN Co and the Planned Remediation date has been updated to: 26/08/2019. At this stage they are still investigating the reason for this change with their internal teams.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused & will provide you with further information and updates as we receive them.

Regards,

BasilDV

stevekain
Level 2

What a joke. NBN Co has known of this problem for several months but remain unprepared to be honest about what the problem is or when they will fix it. Just keep changing the remediation date. I look forward to an update from TPG case manager. At least phone is active so porting (if we ever get connected to NBN) shouldn't be a problem.

Will

Hi @stevekain,

Your account is currently being monitored by a Case Manager. So if there's a change in the order or the remediation date, you will be notified directly via SMS or phone call.

Regards,