TPG Community

Get online support

Phone and internet not working after porting

dimitrios81
Level 2
My home phone and internet are both not working after signing up with TPG and requesting my landline to be ported from Telstra.
I have rebooted the modem and nbn modem.
The nbn router light is amber and has been amber for the past 24hrs, whilst the tpg modem light is solid green, indicating that there is an internet connection.
When I attempt to open my browser, I get a message saying that it is still configuring. The message says that if it takes more than half an hour that I should contact my service provider.
My main concern is that I have been left without a home phone. When I attempt to make a call from the landline using the original voip port, I get a dial tone but am unable to make any calls.
When I attempt to call my landline number from my mobile phone, it doesn’t call, there is just a dead line. (This is when the home phone is plugged into the original providers port ((voip1)).
When I use the settings that TPG instructed me to use (voip2), I get no dial tone but am able to call from my mobile and can hear it calling on my end, however the actual landline does not ring, nothing happens on that end.

This is very concerning for me as I have a sick elderly mother living at the address and as she refuses to use a mobile phone, it is absolutely imperative that I have an active landline.
I was informed by TPG that the process would take no more than 5 working days and that I would not be without an active landline during the process. I was advised by TPG not to disconnect from my original service provider (which I haven’t).
If I had known that I would be left for days/weeks without an active landline, I would never have switched to TPG as I need an active landline for my mother.
Can someone please let me know ASAP when this will be solved?
1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @dimitrios81, we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this issue is causing you and we understand the need for a working service most especially if it's for emergency purposes.

For new services, we recommend customers to check first if their service has been installed and activated.

We have created this community article, which contains a video on How to track your TPG service installation

We also send an email notification once the service is activated.

If you have received this email and the service is still not working, we recommend to check if the equipment is properly set up and we have created setup guides for all technologies that TPG use : New Connection Setup Help

We can see that your NBN FTTP service has been installed and activated, but the router is still attempting to connect to our server.

We currently provide a TP Link C1200 for this type of service and this router is pre-configured.

If the router is taking time to connect to our server, customers can manually configure the settings to get an access to the internet and we have created this guide on How to set up TP-LINK C1200 modem for Windows 10

With regard to the home phone issue, we want to make sure that it is properly set up and we have created this article, which may help : Where to plug in your telephone handset with NBN?

Feel free to search community for help or contact us and we'd be glad to assist you.