TPG Community

Get online support

Private technicians Or Alternatives?

Ogunjobi
Level 2

I just moved houses about  2 weeks ago and was told my internet was connected, We get to the new house and get told that we need a nbn black box now after waiting 4 days for the blackbox even thought it was to the old address Smiley Happy we finally get it and thinking our internet is gonna work get faced with the power light solid green and the downstream light flashing green. We call tpg and get told they will remotely activate we and got told to wait 24 hrs after waiting we tried again nothing worked. We call Tpg again and they said they need to get a permision order from nbn this was on a saturday and get told to wait till monday we called for a whole week and got told they havent received an order. Keep in mind we are still paying for this now they have messaged us saying they will send a technician on April 8th, We have needs for internet (school, work) and cant do it until a technician comes we really need it as soon as possible. Is it ok to get a private technician , does anyone have any recommendations of a private technician who can do hfc activation or something is there an alternative to be able to get my hfc connection activated and running as soon as possible even if possible today. We are willing to pay

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @Ogunjobi ,

Welcome to the community!

The initial date provided is the earliest date available provided to us by our wholesale partner NBN. We can have a look to see if we can schedule you in with an earlier time. However, we cannot guarantee this as we work with our suppliers to provide this particular service, which means we are reliant on their scheduling. 

To better understand the situation, shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include your best contact number and preferred time.

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

lbento
Level 2

Hey, 

Just wondering what happened to your situation. 

I'm under the same situation, but with another provider. It's ridiculous we can't pay for a private technician and have to cope with these far away dates which the technicias will most likely miss anyways. 

If it was resolved, do you know what was the problem? 

Cheers

Shane

Hi @lbento.

Welcome to the community!

We'd love to help see the status of the NBN service installation, to better understand the situation, shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include your best contact number and preferred time tomorrow. we'll have this chase with our NBN provisioning team.

Regards, 

Hey, 

Just wondering what happened to your situation. 

I'm under the same situation, but with another provider. It's ridiculous we can't pay for a private technician and have to cope with these far away dates which the technicias will most likely miss anyways. 

If it was resolved, do you know what was the problem? 

Cheers

Ogunjobi
Level 2

Sorry i saw this late but what we did was made sure we connected to the right place which we didnt . What u need to look for is a port with the nbn sign on the side if you have thoroughly checked and you cant find then you will have to wait