TPG Community

Get online support

Reconfigure Tp-Link VX420 to work with NBN

mistahales
Level 2

Hi team

I originally signed up for a TPG wireless broadband connection. Once it was connected I wasn't satisfied with the reliability of the connection so I cancelled my connection and opted for a NBN installation. My account is showing as active, but I have no router to be able to access the connection.

Before I go and buy a NBN compatible router, is there any way to reconfigure the router I got for the 4G connection to be used as a NBN router? It says it is an AX5400 hybrid and has a free DSL ethernet port on the back, but I don't have the technical know how to get it to work without some help from the community!

Thanks in advance for your help

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @mistahales

Welcome to the Community!

Once you've cancelled the Home Wireless broadband, customers are required to return the provided modem/router. If not, a certain fee will be deducted to the account to cover the cost for the device.

However, since you've applied for an NBN service, we'd like to check if you may use the provided device.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV