TPG Community

Get online support

Relatively slow speed NBN50 plan

jbratchf
Level 2

Approximately 5 weeks ago NBN (FTTN) was installed at my home & I signed up for a NBN50 plan. During the first week of service I was achieving 32 - 35 mbps download speed and 18 - 20 mbps upload speed depending on what time of day I ran the speed tests. Subsequently about 2 weeks later I was advised that "Maximum speed your address can receive = 44Mbps" for your "Fibre to the Node" connection. Now I am consistently only getting 20 - 24 mbps download speeds but upload speeds have only dropped slightly to 17 - 19 upload speeds. I have acted on the WiFi optimisation tips published on TPG and NBN web sites, and has been set up as per installation instructions, but have not had any improvement in download speeds. Why am I only getting half the download maximum speed and why did my download speed drop by about 10 mbps after the first week of service? Note: I have run these speed tests using my laptop sitting right in front of the router and with all other WiFi devices switched off. 

2 REPLIES 2
sajalm

Hi @jbratchf ,

I will get back to u ASAP,

Regards,

Sajal

sajalm

Hi,

Nice talking you , Your service is FTTN. FTTN sync speed varies depend up on how far are your location is from the Node.I checked in our system and you are getting right speed .

Regards,

Sajal