Replace modem

SOLVED Go to solution
vietphan79
Level 2

I used HFC NBN Internet and speed okay but somehow it very slow and do not have connection at all
and I want to replace my Huawei HG659 NBN modem with Billion BiPAC 8700AXL but when I replace it
It said "
Fail!!
WAN setting is not successful, you can do this procedure again."

I am following these instruction as describe in here https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/How-to-set-up-your-Billion-BiPac7800NXL-BYO-modem...

Here are some information that I enter to when I access http://192.168.1.254/

• PPP over Ethernet(PPPoE)
  • TPG usename and password
  • Service Name: NBN
  • Authentication Method: AUTO
  • MTU: 1492

I can see the light on new Modem

POWER       Green light
LAN1           Green light
WLAN          Green light
WAN             Green light
INTERNET    off

I try it few times but it could not working. Can I able to get support for this

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @vietphan79

We received your account details and learned that you are under the bundled NBN with VoIP service.

Aside from the configuration that you've posted, you need to set the VLAN ID to 2.

If it did not work, perform a factory reset to your Bipac modem/router, then try again.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

vietphan79
Level 2

Cool thank you so much I changed the VLAN ID to 2 and it's working now

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ahra_G

Hi @vietphan79

What's the status lights on the NBN NTD? The configuration appears to be correct as posted above. We may need to check if your NBN NTD is getting a signal from the line else, no matter which configuration we try, the internet will not work. 

Let us have your Customer ID or username via private message so we can check your connection.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

vietphan79
Level 2

I just do the replace the modem right now and see the NBN NTD all 4 light green but it still fail to get the Internet on the new modem because I can see the Internet light on my new billion BiPAC 8700AXL is off but when I put back the Huawei HG659 modem I have the Internet 

BasilDV

Hi @vietphan79

We received your account details and learned that you are under the bundled NBN with VoIP service.

Aside from the configuration that you've posted, you need to set the VLAN ID to 2.

If it did not work, perform a factory reset to your Bipac modem/router, then try again.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

vietphan79
Level 2

Cool thank you so much I changed the VLAN ID to 2 and it's working now

BasilDV

Glad that it worked @vietphan79.

Cheers!

BasilDV