Second account

mcleanma
Level 2
Hi I already have a tpg nbn connection at my house but I need to get a connection at my unit in addition to my house. I need nbn at both residences. Can I get a second connection added to my existing account or do I have to create another account?
Thanks for your help
3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @mcleanma ,

Welcome to the community!

What type of NBN technology is rolled out in your area? If NBN-FTTP is available in your location it is possible to open a new account using the available UNI-D port. Unfortunately, NBN FTTC, HFC, FTTN will only allow 1 service per premises.

You may visit this link https://www.tpg.com.au/nbn for more details

Let us know should you require further assistance.

@mcleanma wrote:
Hi I already have a tpg nbn connection at my house but I need to get a connection at my unit in addition to my house. I need nbn at both residences. Can I get a second connection added to my existing account or do I have to create another account?
Thanks for your help

david64
Level 15

Hi mcleanma. I don't think Shane understood your question. Is your "unit" like a granny flat behind your "house" (at the same address) or is it a separate address? 

If it's a separate address, you probably need another account, but its probably okay for the one person to pay for both accounts.

If the unit is at the same address as the house, an ethernet cable between house and unit along with a router as an access point would suffice.

mcleanma
Level 2
Hi David64 yes the unit is at a different address. I will create a second account. Thanks for your help.