TPG Community

Get online support

TP-Link vs Netgear Nighthawk D7800

SOLVED Go to solution
Harko
Level 2

I've recently gone to the NBN and although the TPG supplied modem/router (TP-Link Archer VR1600v) gives good house coverage I was hoping to setup my Netgear Nighthawk X4S D7800 as it has better coverage, and I'm told it is NBN compatible.

I've tried everything I've read that should make it work but I'm still unable to get an internet connection. I've followed the instructions on page 61 of the Netgear manual but still nothing. Which leaves with a few final questions

1). When moving from ADSL2 to NBN, do TPG change your username / password for the TP-Link config?

2). When you configure the modem for Tranfer Mode = VDSL, do you need a username & password to be entered, as I'm hearing you don't?

3). Will TPG give me the web browser settings in order for me to view the TP-Link config settings?

Regards,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Erika

Hi @Harko

Thanks for sending your details via PM. 

I've now arranged a call from one of our Technicians today between 3:00pm - 4:00pm.

We would appreciate if you'll be at home during the time of call as our technicians would like carry out simple checks with you to eliminate any possible equipment issue. If this time is not suitable, please let us know and we'll have this rearrange for you. 

Regards, 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Erika

Hi @Harko

Welcome to TPG Community.

I've searched for your account using your Community details and was able to find a match. 

You may still be able to use the same username for your NBN service. However, should you wish to use your own modem / router you would need to enter your TPG username and password. 

I would recommend to have one of our technicians reach you to discuss this with you further. 

Please send us your best contact time and number via Private Message so that I can arrange this for you. 

For your reference, please see this link on how to send a PM

Regards, 

Erika

Hi @Harko

Thanks for sending your details via PM. 

I've now arranged a call from one of our Technicians today between 3:00pm - 4:00pm.

We would appreciate if you'll be at home during the time of call as our technicians would like carry out simple checks with you to eliminate any possible equipment issue. If this time is not suitable, please let us know and we'll have this rearrange for you. 

Regards,