TPG Community

Get online support

TPG Email address - from FTTB to FTTP NBN

SOLVED Go to solution
deebee
Level 3

Hi,

I recently moved houses and the new house could only have FTTP NBN. I had FTTB in my old premise, hence my TPG account changed and it appears that my email address attached to the  FTTB account is no longer accessible. I was advised by the customer service rep that I spoke to prior to the transition that I wont lose access to my email and won't lose any of my data in my mailbox.
I am happy to add my email address to my FTTP NBN a/c if that's how I can re-instate it however I am concerned that if I do that, the content of my mailbox is gone.
I have very important correpondences in that mailbox that I could not afford to lose. Can someone kindly confirm that my old mailbox content is still intact? Otherwise how do i reinstate it without losing the data?

Thanks in advance,
Dee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
deebee
Level 3

Thanks Ahra and everyone who has assisted me in reinstating my old email and slave accounts.
Apologies for missing the phone calls recently as I've also been working. And I do appreciate the SMS that was sent to me confirming that the slave accounts are ready for activation.

I have realised that TPG pop accounts on important correspondences are very counter productive. There have been issues that I hadn't been able resolve with support:
1) old ticket - password recovery for a slave account. apparenntly nobody could confirm if a password recovery on a slave account is possible. I was lucky to had been able to find my password from my end.

2) Mailbox data lost in slave accounts. I must just accept the fact that all emails that arent synced to my mail client will never be backed up or recovered when I moved from FTTP to NBN FTTP account. I was told that I can recover the emails but I emailed the postmaster and was advised that I could no longer recover may slave accounts' mailbox data.

Save yourselves from headaches. Just sign up for Gmail/Yahoo/Microsoft account, it's free, hassle free, always available, more secure, can use POP and IMAP.

Just sharing my experience and lessons learned.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hey, deebee.We will check this with our Accounts Team and have them contact you to discuss details on how to reinstate the previous E-mail address, could you send us a Private Message with the new Account Details also include your best contact number and preferred time tomorrow.

Hi,

I recently moved houses and the new house could only have FTTP NBN. I had FTTB in my old premise, hence my TPG account changed and it appears that my email address attached to the  FTTB account is no longer accessible. I was advised by the customer service rep that I spoke to prior to the transition that I wont lose access to my email and won't lose any of my data in my mailbox.
I am happy to add my email address to my FTTP NBN a/c if that's how I can re-instate it however I am concerned that if I do that, the content of my mailbox is gone.
I have very important correpondences in that mailbox that I could not afford to lose. Can someone kindly confirm that my old mailbox content is still intact? Otherwise how do i reinstate it without losing the data?

Thanks in advance,
Dee

deebee
Level 3

Hi can we kindly get Alley/ Allee to call me again, please? She rang me yesterday and I missed her because I was on another call. Thank you.

deebee
Level 3

Hi Guys... I havent received any update for days.

I can see the slave accounts now tied up to my new NBN account but I can't activate.

Any suggestions?

Ahra_G

Hi @deebee

The officer assigned is still monitoring your case. She's no longer available tonight but I'll chase this up and will request to contact you directly. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

deebee
Level 3

Hi Can someone kindly give me a call about this matter, please?

Regards

Dianey

Ahra_G

Hi @deebee

The assigned has been trying to contact you to no avail. 

Could you please confirm the best call back number as well as the most convenient time to receive a call via PM? 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

deebee
Level 3

Thanks Ahra and everyone who has assisted me in reinstating my old email and slave accounts.
Apologies for missing the phone calls recently as I've also been working. And I do appreciate the SMS that was sent to me confirming that the slave accounts are ready for activation.

I have realised that TPG pop accounts on important correspondences are very counter productive. There have been issues that I hadn't been able resolve with support:
1) old ticket - password recovery for a slave account. apparenntly nobody could confirm if a password recovery on a slave account is possible. I was lucky to had been able to find my password from my end.

2) Mailbox data lost in slave accounts. I must just accept the fact that all emails that arent synced to my mail client will never be backed up or recovered when I moved from FTTP to NBN FTTP account. I was told that I can recover the emails but I emailed the postmaster and was advised that I could no longer recover may slave accounts' mailbox data.

Save yourselves from headaches. Just sign up for Gmail/Yahoo/Microsoft account, it's free, hassle free, always available, more secure, can use POP and IMAP.

Just sharing my experience and lessons learned.