TPG Community

Get online support

TPG NBN service awaiting activation

SOLVED Go to solution
liamp
Level 3

Hi there,

I signed up for a TPG NBN FTTC service yesterday, and received my modem and NCD today.

I then received a text message this afternoon from TPG saying the following: "TPG Important Reminder: Your NBN service is awaiting activation. You're required to connect your NBN modem".

When I check my installation status here: "https://www.tpg.com.au/support/trackmyorder" it says the installation is still progressing.

I am confused, should I be plugging in the new equipment or not? 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
liamp
Level 3

Thanks Basil. 

I will wait for this SMS / email from TPG before I plug in the new equipment. 

Liam

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Will

Hi @liamp 

Welcome to the Community!

Your order will remain in "In Progress" status until the system detects a connection from your devices. You do need to plug in both the NCD and the modem to get the service activated.

Here's a guide that can help: NBN FTTC Setup - General Setup

Regards,

Will

liamp
Level 3

Hi Will,

Thanks for the response.

Just to confirm, the FTTC setup guide states that before I set up the connection that I should wait to receive a message from TPG advising that my NBN service is ready. Is this the message I have received already or I should I wait for a follow up text?

Liam

BasilDV

Hi @liamp 

Based on the SMS that you received, your service is still waiting to be activated.

You'll receive another SMS or email advising that your service is activated and should start working.

Regards,

BasilDV

liamp
Level 3

Thanks Basil. 

I will wait for this SMS / email from TPG before I plug in the new equipment. 

Liam

BasilDV

Glad to be of assistance, @liamp.

Cheers!

BasilDV

liamp
Level 3

Hi Basil,

I have just received the following SMS.

"Action Required: Your TPG NBN service is awaiting activation. Please connect your NBN modem as soon as possible to activate".

Again, I am a bit confused. Does this mean my service is now active? I haven't yet received the SMS or email you referred to advising that the service is activated. 

Liam

BasilDV

Hi @liamp,

The SMS indicates that we are still waiting for your NBN service to be activated.

They require you to connect the NBN modem in order to push the activation of the service.

Further updates will be given by your case manager as soon as it becomes available.

Regards,

BasilDV

liamp
Level 3

Hi Basil,

I have connected the NBN modem and NCD but cannot get a connection. The NCD is only showing two solid blue lights (power and connection) after allowing more than 20 minutes.

Any further advice would be appreciated. Are you able to investigate what is causing this?

Thank you,

Liam

BasilDV

Hi @liamp,

We'll chase this with our Provisioning team as the service is still waiting to be activated.

A case manager will be in touch with you tomorrow.

Regards,

BasilDV