TPG Community

Get online support

Telstra number not finished porting

KimM
Level 3

I got NBN installed early/mid March of this year. My phone number with Telstra was to be ported to TPG. That didn't happen and I had some contact with the support on this forum.

On May 30th I got an email telling me that the porting was done. However, I'm still getting the Telstra account for the number. I went in to the Telstra shop and they looked up their records. It shows that the porting request has been received but the status is still 'provisioning' and not completed. They said it's TPG's responsibility to complete this.

Can somebody please check to see what is happening? If you get in touch I can send a PM with the details of my account.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
Riezl

Hi @KimM, we'd like to take a look at your account to check the status of the service. Please send me a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so I can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

KimM
Level 3

PM sent.

Thanks.

Riezl

Thank you, KimM. We had  a look at your account and we can see that the home phone number has been successfully ported. We'd like to know if you have already connected your telephone handset to the phone 1 port of the TPG supplied modem.

You can refer to this article for the set up : Where to plug in your telephone handset with NBN?

KimM
Level 3

Yes, the phone is connected to port 1 and is working. It's just that Telstra still has it on their account system and says it's not finished porting.

I will go back to Telstra and get them to cancel it. Is that the way forward?

Thanks.

Riezl

Yes, @KimM. Since you're home phone shows that it is completely ported to TPG and the fact that the incoming/outgoing calls are already working, you can advise Telstra to disconnect the home phone service.

KimM
Level 3

Thanks. I'll get in there and ask them to disconnect it.

Riezl

Thanks. Feel free to message us should you have further queries.

KimM
Level 3

I went in to the shop and the guy looked it up. He saw the instruction to disconnect but noted that it was stuck on provisioning. So he's sent a message up the line to get it completed. He said they could then put in a claim for whatever was charged after the disconnect instruction. All good so far, just a slow moving technical hiccup by the sond of it.

PeterW

Hello KimM,
Thank you for being a part of the TPG Community.
For verification purposes can you please send me a private message (PM) by clicking on my name
and provide the following information:
 Username
 Full Name
 Full Address
 D.O.B.
I will reply ASAP on receipt of the above.
Regards
PeterW
My TPG app for IOS and Android - https://www.tpg.com.au/download