Time To Connection?

Skeleton
Level 3

Hi, 

Live in Canberra and am an exsisting ADSL customour.  NBN FTTC has finnaly arrived and I pre ordered and am now at Service Class 33, Serviceable by FTTC, cut-in complete (NCD required), just wondering how long after my payment of $10 clears for the modem, i should expect to wait? I ask because we live about as far from the exchange as you can get, so not TPG's fault but keen to upgrade lol.

Many Thanks for any info.

3 REPLIES 3
Riezl

Hi @Skeleton,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details. As per checking, the change of plan to NBN FTTC has been lodged on June 28,2019 and we are now working on sending the TPG Modem and the NBN connection box.

Once the equipment has been shipped, you will be advised via email. Further updates regarding the activation date will be sent to your email as well.

Please note that the standard installation time frame for this type of service is 2-30 business days.

Let us know should you have further queries. Thank you.

Skeleton
Level 3

So your telling me i may have to wait up to 30 days for my connection, why? You have taken money out of my account to pay for shipping, now you want me to wait until your prepared to deliver which could take up to 30 days. If NBN have not released my property to you why have you taken money out of my account?

Will

Hi @Skeleton,

I'm sorry for the confusion. Some NBN orders require technician appointments while others will only need remote activation. There are also cases wherein the order should be just for remote activation but due to unforeseen circumstance, NBNCo may be compelled to send a technician still. This is the reason why we provide a standard installation time frame of 2 - 30 days.

Since your address is tagged by NBNCo as Service Class 33, you only need to plug in the NCD and the modem that will be sent to you. The standard delivery time frame for the modem and NCD is 1-2 business days if within the Metro area and 2-4 business days if outside the Metro area. This is after the payment for shipping has been posted. I can see that your payment for shipping was just posted today (July 2).

Once you receive the devices, please follow the steps provided here: NBN Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) Setup Guide

Regards,