TPG Community

Get online support

URGENT COMPLAINT: Very poor moving home service - I have been advised that I won’t have internet for OVER A MONTH

Ymurr235
Level 2
I have an existing TPG NBN internet package. I contacted TPG on 29 January 2021 to advise that I was moving house and would like to transfer my plan. I contacted TPG a month before my move to allow sufficient time. TPG confirmed that NBN was connected and available at my new address, and that the plan could be switched over in a 24hour period. I advised that I would like the internet to be operational at my new house by 20/02/22. TPG advised that the switch over should take place on 19/02/22 to allow sufficient time for this and that this would happen remotely without then need for a technician.

On 19/02/22 I received an email that installation was in progress. I used the track my installation service on 19/02 and 20/02 and at all times it has read “in progress.” I have all equipment required and the service is not connected. On 21/02 I contacted TPG to check my service status and asked for it to be operational. I was put through to customer service, the tech team and the moving home team and no one provided any solution. After being transferred to the customer service team for a second time I was told a technician would be required and the earliest appointment is 23 March. I said this was over a month away and that I had previously been told that the Internet service would be installed in 24 hours. I asked if there were any other appointments or remote solutions, because both my partner and I work from home and require internet. I was told there were no other appointments and that a technician would be required to attend the premises. In the afternoon of 21/02 I received a text from TPG stating my service is awaiting activation and to connect the modem - I have done this and it doesn’t work.

I request this issue be resolved within 48 hours, as I am currently disconnected and due process has not been followed (misrepresentations were made about the installation process and service has not been provided).
1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @Ymurr235,

We'd like to look into what's been happening for feedback and clarity and do what we can to get you sorted

Let's get started by getting your TPG account details (Customer ID/username). Please send them through private message so we can work towards a resolution on the concerns raised. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

I have an existing TPG NBN internet package. I contacted TPG on 29 January 2021 to advise that I was moving house and would like to transfer my plan. I contacted TPG a month before my move to allow sufficient time. TPG confirmed that NBN was connected and available at my new address, and that the plan could be switched over in a 24hour period. I advised that I would like the internet to be operational at my new house by 20/02/22. TPG advised that the switch over should take place on 19/02/22 to allow sufficient time for this and that this would happen remotely without then need for a technician.

On 19/02/22 I received an email that installation was in progress. I used the track my installation service on 19/02 and 20/02 and at all times it has read “in progress.” I have all equipment required and the service is not connected. On 21/02 I contacted TPG to check my service status and asked for it to be operational. I was put through to customer service, the tech team and the moving home team and no one provided any solution. After being transferred to the customer service team for a second time I was told a technician would be required and the earliest appointment is 23 March. I said this was over a month away and that I had previously been told that the Internet service would be installed in 24 hours. I asked if there were any other appointments or remote solutions, because both my partner and I work from home and require internet. I was told there were no other appointments and that a technician would be required to attend the premises. In the afternoon of 21/02 I received a text from TPG stating my service is awaiting activation and to connect the modem - I have done this and it doesn’t work.

I request this issue be resolved within 48 hours, as I am currently disconnected and due process has not been followed (misrepresentations were made about the installation process and service has not been provided).