TPG Community

Get online support

Unstable/no connection ADSL2+

hanayuki
Level 2
Hi,
For some reason, my internet connection has been very unstable and often disconnects multiple times throughout the day. At times, there is no connection for several minutes at a time and today, there hasn't been any connection for half of the day. I've checked the status and there has been no service interruptions, could this please be investigated?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Rica_R

Hi @hanayuki,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We thank you for bringing this to our attention and we will make sure that this concern will not be taken for granted. We'll be happy to look into yuour issue, I was able to locate your account using your Community details. 

Upon looking on your account, we've seen that there is an evident fault on the line causing for your connection to drop out. We've escalated this matter to our Engineers and have requested for a Telstra technician to check the line on the street between now and 09/Feb/2019. 

We look forward that the issue will be rectified within the given time frame. Further updates will be provided as more information becomes available. Thank you. 

RKWilliams
Level 2

Hi @Rica_R ,

It sounds like I'm experiencing the same issue. Our ADSL+ connection has been dropping out completely at various times throughout the day for minutes at a time, and running very slow in general. I've tried troubleshooting - restarting the modem, moving it away from other electrical appliances, but to no avail. The lights on the modem are flashing like something could be wrong with the line.

Are you able to do the same and check for a fault on my line?

Thanking you!

Rica_R

Hi @RKWilliams,

Welcome to TPG Community!

I’m glad you brought this concern so that we can take care of this right away.

I was able to locate your account using your community details and currently seeing a line issue on your connection causing for the connection to slow. 

I've escalated this matter to our Engineers for evaluation and they will be updating you with the progress within 24 hours on the number on the account via SMS or Phone Call. Should you have other preferred number, you may send it to us via PM. Thank you.