TPG Community

Get online support

Using my service / modem at a differnt address temporarily

as256
Level 2

Hi,

I am a TPG NBN FTTB customer and am going to be temporarily (for a few weeks) moving in with someone who is also a TPG NBN FTTB customer. They are however only on the 50mb\s plan while I am on the  100mb\s plan.

My residence will be without power and uninhabited during this time, while I know suspension is an option I would prefer to use the service rather than suspend it if I can. Is there any way I can connect up my modem instead of theirs, or or log in to their modem with my account details to allow us to make use of my plan instead of theirs while I am living there?

Kind regards.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @as256,

Thanks for raising this to us. You can use the modem/router but you need to reconfigure the modem's connection using their TPG log-in account, please understand that TPG-NBN service can only be used on provisioned address and cannot be used to a different service address. 

Regards, 

Hi,

I am a TPG NBN FTTB customer and am going to be temporarily (for a few weeks) moving in with someone who is also a TPG NBN FTTB customer. They are however only on the 50mb\s plan while I am on the  100mb\s plan.

My residence will be without power and uninhabited during this time, while I know suspension is an option I would prefer to use the service rather than suspend it if I can. Is there any way I can connect up my modem instead of theirs, or or log in to their modem with my account details to allow us to make use of my plan instead of theirs while I am living there?

Kind regards.