TPG Community

Get online support

Why is it so hard to arrange an installation date change online?

ninja189
Level 2

I have booked for nbn to be transferred to my new address, and told the phone sales person I would not be moving in until 19/10. She told me, you will receive a text with your install date but if it's too early for you it is very easy to change the date. I got a text, with a date (2/10) only 6 days after the date I phoned and far too early. I tried to change it online, and the date I kept choosing from the drop down list of dates, kept returning an error message. Then I received another text reminding me of my install on 2/10. Again I visited website and changed to a date of 20/10 which seemed to work. Then I got another text saying install is 2/10! I phoned 1/10 to check what is happening and have been told that I needed to have requested a change more than 2 days prior to the install date!! I explained, I've tried twice and done so 6 days before install date (which was always going to be impossible). I am so frustrated that basic systems do not function at TPG. 

I was put through to a case escalation number of 130 023 575 and from that was able to get the date changed first to 15/10 and then, correctly to 20/10. I passed on my feedback that the website really does need to be fixed if this is the only system available to customers to change the date for installation, which should not be a complicated process! 

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @ninja189 ,

Thanks for raising this to us. We apologise that you had difficulty changing the installation date online. We appreciate your feedback we'll raise this to our Team this will help us improve our online self serve options.

We'd like to confirm if you still need assistance on changing the installation date of the service, if so feel free to send us your account details (Username/Customer ID) together with the address on file so we can raise this to our Provisioning Team.

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@ninja189 wrote:

I have booked for nbn to be transferred to my new address, and told the phone sales person I would not be moving in until 19/10. She told me, you will receive a text with your install date but if it's too early for you it is very easy to change the date. I got a text, with a date (2/10) only 6 days after the date I phoned and far too early. I tried to change it online, and the date I kept choosing from the drop down list of dates, kept returning an error message. Then I received another text reminding me of my install on 2/10. Again I visited website and changed to a date of 20/10 which seemed to work. Then I got another text saying install is 2/10! I phoned 1/10 to check what is happening and have been told that I needed to have requested a change more than 2 days prior to the install date!! I explained, I've tried twice and done so 6 days before install date (which was always going to be impossible). I am so frustrated that basic systems do not function at TPG. 

I was put through to a case escalation number of 130 023 575 and from that was able to get the date changed first to 15/10 and then, correctly to 20/10. I passed on my feedback that the website really does need to be fixed if this is the only system available to customers to change the date for installation, which should not be a complicated process!