too many connections?

boomsiva
Level 2

Having problems with my NBN dropping out on multiple occasions over the last month with frequency increasing. NBN technician told me it was because we have more than 1 phone connection (3) in the house, even though only one is in use (for the modem) He tells me that I need to have the old line removed and get a new line installed. We have been in this house and connected to the NBN since it became available. No problems until recently. It doesn't seem correct to me as if there was a problem, why has it only just become apparent? Any answers would be appreciated. TPG tech line busy ATM and difficult to get an answer.

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @boomsiva

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account and tested the line, but was not able to detect any fault.

Are you using a WiFi or a Wired connection? Based on your plan, it is okay if you have multiple devices connected to the network as the bandwidth can support it.

If your devices are connected via WiFi and experiencing disconnections, then it is possible that signal interference is causing it.

Check these articles that may help you improve your home WiFi network.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV