wifi

Level 2

My wifi is not connecting to my smart tv. It was working perfectly before. I tested my tv which is in good condition as it can connect to other wifi accounts. My wifi also can connect to other devices such as my phone or iPad. Not sure why there is no connection btw tv and wifi

11 REPLIES 11
david64
Level 15

Is this a new nbn installation and you can't get wifi working or existing one and tv problem has suddenly occurred?

What model is the wifi router?

Does it have just a wifi light or 2.4G and 5G lights? If 2 lights, are both lit?

Does your ipad detect both router networks when it is next to the tv? 

Level 2

Is an existing NBN installation for 5 years and it occurred out of sudden last week. Stopped working for few days and came back to normal again. Now it’s totally not working. 

I am using wired internet atm.

please see pics I uploaded in relation to model and lits 

Level 2

image.jpgimage.jpg

david64
Level 15

How far between the wifi router and tv?

Is the tv using a cable at the moment (the yellow one in the picture)?

Level 2
Around 2- 3 meters btw router and TV!

The yellow line is connected to NBN and black is power!

Cable is not connected atm

david64
Level 15

With the tv's wifi connection, do you have to type in the network name you want to connect to, or does the tv scan and produce a list of networks it can detect.

What's it doing now? A phone or tablet can see networks in surrounding houses.

Level 2
TV can detect the wifi account but it does not connect to my wifi account!
Phone and iPad can connect to my wifi account!

I’m using cable to connect to tv feom router now and it is working!

Not sure why wireless is not working

Level 2
Btw my wifi speed is slow and please see pic! My plan is 45mbps

Never reach to this

3-9 on avg

david64
Level 15

On the tv, when you enter the wifi password, is there any message? The password has lower case characters.

Does the tv have a factory reset function? Using this would clear channel selection list and maybe other settings.

Regarding speed, do you have a computer you can connect by cable to router? This is the best test for

speed. And without other devices doing anything. On a 50/20 plan, typical evening speed is 45Mbps.

What device did you run the speed test on?