TPG Community

Get online support

4G network not receiving calls

Level 3
Hi there,

I have been told from a number of people that my phone is not connecting when they call me. My phone does not divert them to my voicemail, only says my phone is not reachable at this time. I have been able to make calls with no issue. After some testing and following some troubleshooting advice from this forum I have found I can receive calls when my preferred network type is 3G only and operator set manually to TPG only.
Of course this means using data when out and about is incredibly slow and thus switching to 3G only cannot be considered a long term solution. What do I need to do to get my phone back on the 4G network and reliably receiving calls?

Cheers.
6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @5067106 

We'd like to check and run some tests on the network for better understanding of the situation.

Kindly send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

Level 3
No problem. Message sent.

Should I switch back to the 4g settings for the test?

Thanks.
BasilDV

Hi @5067106 

Yes, you may switch back to the 4G settings and manually select the TPG network.

BasilDV

Level 3
Ok, done.

Please let me know the outcome of the network test.

Thanks again.
BasilDV

Thank you @5067106.

We can't detect any fault within the network.

Could you test the service again?

BasilDV

Level 3
I have received a few incoming calls without issue. However, I was able to receive some calls before but many were unable to connect. I don't know how to screen for calls that won't connect except to wait until people tell me again.

Is there anything else I can do or should check for?