TPG Community

Get online support

Can't send message with TPG - error 0

wicko1
Level 2

Today I can't send SMS messages on my mobile to Australian numbers. I have been on this phone and plan for more than six months and I sent texts OK last night and I haven't changed anything. My account is in credit with unlimited calls and texts. I can make calls and receive texts but not send one. I rebooted the phone and no change.

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
cwhoward
Level 2

Both my wife and I have got this exact same problem starting this morning as well (and like you neither of us have changed phones or had updates or changed plans or sims; and are up to date with payments and have resetted etc). Seems like something happening at their end...

wicko1
Level 2

yes. I waited on the phone for an hour to find out it is at the TPG end. I think they have fixed it now.

Angeli

Hi, 

We're aware of a technical issue preventing some customers from sending and receiving SMS. It's okay now. Can you check it on your end?

Regards, 

Angeli

cwhoward
Level 2

All good now. Thanks!

markdixon
Level 2

This error is now recurring (12-Sept-2023).  I have post-paid TPG mobile plan of very long standing, and only attempting to send SMS to another Australian mobile number. Me in W.A. adressee phone number in N.T.

Big Oops here.  I think this is my fault.
I was attempting to SMS a contact that is in my address book with only a land-line type number, no mobile number.

My error, but as suggestion: a more helpful diagnotic error message would be useful for this kind of goof.

Shane

Hi @markdixon ,

We appreciate your feedback on the error message, which will surely help improve our user experience.

Regards,

This error is now recurring (12-Sept-2023).  I have post-paid TPG mobile plan of very long standing, and only attempting to send SMS to another Australian mobile number. Me in W.A. adressee phone number in N.T.

Big Oops here.  I think this is my fault.
I was attempting to SMS a contact that is in my address book with only a land-line type number, no mobile number.

My error, but as suggestion: a more helpful diagnotic error message would be useful for this kind of goof.

awock
Level 2
I'm having this issue today. Is it a TPG problem?
BasilDV

Hi @awock 

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

Did you check if your service is affected by an outage? If not check it here: https://support.tpg.com.au/network

Let us know how it goes.