TPG Community

Get online support

Deteriorating TPG Mobile signal NSW postcode 2290

ssar
Level 3

Our TPG mobile phone reception has often been poor here in the Mount Hutton / Tingira Heights 2290 area (Newcastle area), but during much of June 2022 is has deteriorated such that multiple different-brand/model handsets in our household (all using TPG mobile) now often revert to "Emergency Calls Only", losing mobile signal completely, or indicate 0 signal bars & no 3g nor 4g network connectivity for extended periods.

May this be looked at as a priority please.

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @ssar

We'd like to have a better understanding of the situation and run further tests.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you.

BasilDV

ssar
Level 3

Thanks for the prompt replies BasilDV - we've followed the suggestions mentioned in PMs etc. & continue to test our handsets.

Currently mobile signal often remains poor.

---

Also, revisiting the Forster-Tuncurry NSW 2428 region last weekend the TPG mobile / Vodafone signal there, again, was quite poor in certain areas.

I've also contacted Vodafone who claim they are currently rolling out network upgrades in my area, & advise a network reset on our phones (on my Samsung device it resets wifi, mobile network & bluetooth settings) – will do soon & test more.

Shane

Hi @ssar

We raise this to our Mobile Team to conduct our own investigation, please send us a PM with your best contact number and preferred time in the event that they require more details about the Mobile Reception issue.

How to send a PM? - https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093.

Thanks for the prompt replies BasilDV - we've followed the suggestions mentioned in PMs etc. & continue to test our handsets.

Currently mobile signal often remains poor.

---

Also, revisiting the Forster-Tuncurry NSW 2428 region last weekend the TPG mobile / Vodafone signal there, again, was quite poor in certain areas.

I've also contacted Vodafone who claim they are currently rolling out network upgrades in my area, & advise a network reset on our phones (on my Samsung device it resets wifi, mobile network & bluetooth settings) – will do soon & test more.

ssar
Level 3

Thanks Shane & BasilDV - I have PM'd accordingly, thanks for looking into it.

I've been advised that there are current Vodafone mobile network service upgrades in our area, due for completion by Thurs 07/07/22.

All 3 of our TPG mobile service handsets continue to receive very poor mobile reception including 4g/data connectivity in & around our location - we're actively monitoring & testing such (sending text messages between them, trying to run speedtests using mobile data etc.), & I'm hoping we see some improvement after Thurs 07/07/22.

Cheers.