TPG Community

Get online support

Disable Hotspot Function?

jaytee
Level 2

Hi,

Is it possible for TPG to disable the hotspot/tethering ability for a specific phone?

The issue is, my child is using their hotspot to tether to a tv/computer to be able to watch tv all night.

This is proving to be very unhealthy for mind/mood and obviously proper sleep pattern.

They have an iphone 11 and hotspot can not be permanently disabled at the phone.

I could change the mobile plan so no data is with the phone, but there are times when it is needed.

I have set screen time to turn off from midnight to 7am, although hotspot still functions.

Have I missed something within the phone settings to effectively disable the phone between midnight and 7am? Phone calls and messages can still be made during down time.

In short, I am hoping TPG is able to disable the tethering ability.

Thanks

John

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @jaytee ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, Hotspot/Thetering service is a built in feature of a smart phone and SIM cards does not have control/access to change the phone settings. It is best to raise this to the phone manufacturer's support.

Regards,

@jaytee wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible for TPG to disable the hotspot/tethering ability for a specific phone?

The issue is, my child is using their hotspot to tether to a tv/computer to be able to watch tv all night.

This is proving to be very unhealthy for mind/mood and obviously proper sleep pattern.

They have an iphone 11 and hotspot can not be permanently disabled at the phone.

I could change the mobile plan so no data is with the phone, but there are times when it is needed.

I have set screen time to turn off from midnight to 7am, although hotspot still functions.

Have I missed something within the phone settings to effectively disable the phone between midnight and 7am? Phone calls and messages can still be made during down time.

In short, I am hoping TPG is able to disable the tethering ability.

Thanks

John