TPG Community

Get online support

Enable/provision VoLTE on TPG/Vodafone network for Australian approved phone model

Zulu
Level 3

Since 3G was turned off I cannot make or recieve voice calls on my mobile phone, everthing elese works fine. Looking at the service menu I can see that VoLTE is not being provisoned as enable setting is off and greyed out. This, I think, is due to my 5G phone model (1yr since launch flagship specs) not being recognised by network as VoLTE as it's not a common model. It has all the Australian approvals, as follows (Go to settings>about phone>Regulatory labels , for anyone else with this issue in future)

Model common name: Saga

HAC: M4/T4

HVIN: OV1

Model/Type: OV1

Model Number: 200731A

(Imported by Solana Mobile & designed/manufactured by OSOM Products,

PS: My old phone similarly rare model Essential PH-1, made by basically the "same" company has VoLTE working & is provisioned properly, so I see no reason why the Saga web 3 phone shouldn't be either. (BTW They just recently opened preorders for the Saga 2 which went crazy with well over 100,000 in less than a month and still rising, so likely to be a much more common brand next year, plenty of Aussies on their Discord/Twitter 😉)

So please add this phone to your VoLTE database so I can make voice calls agaion (it's enabled by Telstra apparently)

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Zulu
Level 3

Just thought. Will changing my mobile plan to 5G work "out the box" as the "VoLTE" component is kinda built into the 5G protocol, I believe, or will I have same issue? I can see that using sons work 5G Optus SIM in this phone shows NR available, though network type also shows LTE, voice calls work, but didn't notice if this is on their 3G network or LTE/5G

BasilDV

Hi @Zulu 

Even though some devices are not in the list on our website, as long as they support 4G calls or VoLTE, then it should work.

Some providers haven't turned off the 3G network, so it may work with them for now.

Have you contacted the support of Solana to check on how to manually enable the VoLTE? Some Android phones require to dial a code for them to enable the feature even though it is greyed out on their settings.

If you haven't talked to their support, please try it first and let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

Zulu
Level 3

Thanks for reply, (I did actually write a reply a couple of days after your post, but maybe I didn't actually post as was called away several times😜)

"Even though some devices are not in the list on our website, "

thanks for this, as I wasn't sure if this was the case.

I,ve contacted Solana but they have not provided a solution, but it does indeed seem to be an issue for a number of network providers in sevral countries with this phone, unfortunately it's all providers in Australia. THe Google phone also had this issue and there is an IMS file that can be downloaded and then applied using an App downloaded from the App store & ADB, however I'm not going to use it as I don't trust this app with permissions required especially as the phone has a crypto wallet with a fair bit of value in it. Google later released a fix that should work on the Solana given it's a vanilla Google Android (though not a Tensor chip set🤔) implementaion. Anyhow, now that Solana know this they will hopefully update software or offer a dial code to activate like the older LG phones etc.