TPG Community

Get online support

Failure to transfer mobile number

jwp1992
Level 2

I am trying to port my number over from another carrier service and have received an email telling me that the request has failed with the error "(017) Mobile phone number not associated with Account/Reference
number". However, my account and number are still active with my carrier. Please advise.

7 REPLIES 7
KarlB

Hi @jwp1992,

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

KarlB

Hi @jwp1992,

I have forward your details onto our Mobile Porting Team, who will investigate and contact you back.

Regards,

Karl

taylasp-a
Level 2
Hi!
I have encountered the exact same problem.
I’ve talked to my current provider and they cannot see why porting would fail.

please help!
taylasp-a
Level 2
Hi there,
I’m having the same problem - could you assist me?

thank you 🙏
Ahra_G

Hi @taylasp-a

Welcome to the Community! 

I've managed to locate your account using your Community details and have seen that an email was sent from our Mobile support team advising you as to why the porting has failed. 

It is important that your old number is still active in order for the porting process to be completed. 

Please contact your current mobile provider and advise them of the information in the email sent to you, then let us know whether we can still proceed with the porting of your number.

Feel free to reach out to us again should you require further assistance. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

taylasp-a
Level 2
hello! thank you for your reply 😁

i am still active with them, i haven’t initiated to cancel that service and i won’t until the number is ported of course.

i did chat with them and showed the email from TPG. he said that he couldn’t see any reason for it failing.
specifically he said, “ Please contact the receiving provider as we can't see any reason why it would fail. Please make sure you're also transferring this as a postpaid mobile service on residential account.”

other than that i have no idea what i can do
Ahra_G

I understand, @taylasp-a

I'll raise your concern to our Mobile support team for assistance. 

Regards, 

Ahra_G