TPG Community

Get online support

Foreign number

lufrappa
Level 2
Hello, I'm having issues regarding the sim purchase because I'm asked to put my current number but the website doesn't accept foreign ones. How can i sort this out?
5 REPLIES 5
Aubrey

Hi @lufrappa, you can use a family or friend's local number during registration. Once your account is active, you can update your registered contact number to yours. 

lufrappa
Level 2
Hi Aubrey, the problem is also that you guys are asking to put also the number's owner's dat of birth even though you're asking my name before that to make everything match but it can't match of course cause we're messing all the informations, but if i put only the other person's details instead of mine just due to the fact that i do not have an Australian number, he will get the sim deal instead of me . So even if he can switch the sim owner, it's gonna be really messy and unpolite.
So i'm asking you if we can find a solution without bothering other people who are not related to this.
Aubrey

We'll get our Sales Team to assist you with the registration. PM us the number where they can reach you. 

david64
Level 15

Hi @lufrappa . It might be easier to buy a 1-month Australian SIM card from a shop. Then ask TPG to port in your new number. You might need to have the Australian number active to receive a one time password.  

lufrappa
Level 2
I see what you mean, but why there's no chance to get my new first sim card with my new first number with the deal i've chosen? With dual sim i do not need to transfer any number i just need the australian one to use data and get normal calls and texts from australian numbers.