TPG Community

Get online support

International Roaming not activated when settings set to roam

Angeli

Hi @adslu5j7

I am yet to receive an update from the relevant team whose investigating your roaming issue. I also passed on your message to them for reference on the network selection options that you have there at the moment. Apologies for the delay. 

Regards, 

Angeli

Angeli

Hi @adslu5j7

Your roaming issue is still under investigation. Hence, here are alternative solutions that we can recommend while you are overseas:

• International Call/Phone cards
    Most airports and convenience stores sell prepaid phone cards that allow a fixed line phone, pay phone, or even a mobile phone (if the SIM card is local) to make international calls at more affordable rates than those charged for an international roaming service.

• Travel SIM Cards
    Available for sale from other mobile providers in Australia, Travel SIM cards allow you to use your own mobile handset while roaming, provided it's not locked to a specific provider. They work in 140 different countries and you won't get charged for incoming calls.

• WiFi
    If you connect to a local WiFi network, you can access the internet without using your mobile data. To prevent mobile data use, you should disable 3G/4G mobile data reception in your mobile handset settings, so the internet can only be access while connected to a WiFi network. If you have a smartphone, applications such as Skype and WhatsApp, that can be used to make calls and send messages using the WiFi network.

If you have questions, just let me know.

Regards, 

Angeli

adslu5j7
Level 2

Hi Angeli,

Yes, good advice! And thanks for trying to fix our problem.

After 2 weeks + we eventually gave up on waiting for TPG to fix our International Roaming. So we bought new sim cards.

Cheers,

Mark

Angeli

Hi Mark, 

I will continue to monitor your account until I hear back from the relevant team that handles your roaming investigation. We'll just process a billing adjustment once the issue is resolved. 

Stay safe!

-Angeli

Angeli

Hi Mark, 

I'd like to ask as to how long will you be staying overseas as I will be requesting a billing adjustment on your account. 

Regards, 

Angeli

Angeli

Hi @adslu5j7

Kindly send me a private message with the confirmation of your return date in Australia, so I can have your account assessed for billing adjustment. 

Stay safe! -Angeli