TPG Community

Ask, answer and talk about our products

Landline incoming calls

Highlighted
Level 1b

I recently connected a landline to my nbn modem. I got a dial tone and can make calls. However when I call back from my mobile the landline absolutely does not ring. 

PS night mode or do not disturb is not on.

14 REPLIES 14
Level 8

Hi @Rucharushi Welcome to the community, how long has your NBN service been connected for? Have you connected your landline handset to the Phone 1 or Phone 2 socket on the back of the modem?

Level 1b
Hi Nbn is connected for the last 4 months. I connected the landline just now and it’s in phone 1.
Level 8

Hi @Rucharushi thanks for the additional information, which model modem was supplied to you, a Huawei or TP-LInk? What make and model of phone are you plugging in?

Level 1b
Modem is a TP LINK one model VR 1600v and phone is Panasonic KX-TG6822
Level 8

Thanks @Rucharushi I'm using exactly the same combination so can confirm it works well.

Can you log into the modem and click on the phone icon to see that your number appears in the incoming settings as per picture below.

Phone settings.jpgPhone 1.jpg

Level 1b

Hi,

yes the number is listed. Please check attachment.

however, we still can’t receive any calls at all.

Level 8

Hi @Rucharushi That's a mystery then, when you're calling your home number from a mobile can you hear a ringing tone or does it respond with an error message?

Level 1b
I can hear the ringing on my mobile but there is no response on the landline. While ringing if I pick up the landline I get a dial tone
Level 8

Hi @Rucharushi it's looking more like a routing issue on the VOIP server end, one of the moderators will probably escalate this to engineering as you've done about as much fault finding you can on your end.