TPG Community

Get online support

Landline incoming calls

Rucharushi
Level 2

I recently connected a landline to my nbn modem. I got a dial tone and can make calls. However when I call back from my mobile the landline absolutely does not ring. 

PS night mode or do not disturb is not on.

14 REPLIES 14
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @Rucharushi Welcome to the community, how long has your NBN service been connected for? Have you connected your landline handset to the Phone 1 or Phone 2 socket on the back of the modem?

Rucharushi
Level 2
Hi Nbn is connected for the last 4 months. I connected the landline just now and it’s in phone 1.
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @Rucharushi thanks for the additional information, which model modem was supplied to you, a Huawei or TP-LInk? What make and model of phone are you plugging in?

Rucharushi
Level 2
Modem is a TP LINK one model VR 1600v and phone is Panasonic KX-TG6822
orbistat
Level 8

Thanks @Rucharushi I'm using exactly the same combination so can confirm it works well.

Can you log into the modem and click on the phone icon to see that your number appears in the incoming settings as per picture below.

Phone settings.jpgPhone 1.jpg

Rucharushi
Level 2

Hi,

yes the number is listed. Please check attachment.

however, we still can’t receive any calls at all.

orbistat
Level 8

Hi @Rucharushi That's a mystery then, when you're calling your home number from a mobile can you hear a ringing tone or does it respond with an error message?

Rucharushi
Level 2
I can hear the ringing on my mobile but there is no response on the landline. While ringing if I pick up the landline I get a dial tone
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @Rucharushi it's looking more like a routing issue on the VOIP server end, one of the moderators will probably escalate this to engineering as you've done about as much fault finding you can on your end.