MFA

wattsam668
Level 2

Will sms texts be receivable by my phone whilst travelling in Europe when global roaming is not enabled and  mobile data is turned off. 

Regards

Andrew

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @wattsam668

You have to enable the international roaming for you to be able to receive calls or SMS.

You may check this article for some FAQ's about the international roaming.

Have a good day!

BasilDV

nam111
Level 2
I will also be travelling and will not enale global roaming .
Please advise of a workaround for MFA that does not require expensive global roaming.
Thank you
Angeli

Hi @nam111

If you are not enabling your international roaming while overseas, you cannot log in to your My Account for self service as it will require a one time passcode before you can access it likewise if you will be contacting us by phone. Thus, we would recommend that you enable to roaming since you can still get incoming SMS and calls without a prepaid balance. Please refer to @Basil_DV response above. 

Regards, 

Angeli

nam111
Level 2
Thanks Angeli, but my mobile account is not with TPG and I have no roaming option with my provider.

(I had an issue once before overseas when my credit card expired but I couldn't update the card details in my account and had to spend hours making expensive phone calls from overseas. At least google offer manual codes to get around 2 factor authentication needed)
nam111
Level 2
So again, what workaround can TPG provide?
Angeli

Hi @nam111

At the moment, we do not allow MFA applications as alternative to getting a one time passcode. We've passed on your message to the relevant team as this will be utilised to further improve our service and processes.