TPG Community

Get online support

Mobile SIM registration - Taken Username (minutes earlier by me!)

SOLVED Go to solution
MY1
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Hopefully someone in TPG can assist with this issue. I spoke to an agent who tried her best to help however was out of her depth in relation to this issue.

I am trying to purchase a new mobile service and went through the portal as I am an existing account holder with other numbers and a couple of NBN accounts - normal process no issue.

I logged in selected the plan, went through the process and was presented with a step that forced me to create another username for the account that would be just for this mobile service. I proceeded to create the username and went to the next screen.

I got caught up with other work I was doing, so when I got back to the portal, I had to restart. When I got back to the page that forced me to create the username, it said that the username was taken. I am 99.9999% sure that the username record was created by me earlier and that no body else registered that username (as per the agents suggestion).

I asked her to raise a ticket internally to see if the DBA's could remove the record as they could easliy verify its not used. She said its not possible to do such a thing.

TPG, are you able to assist me in this matter, as I would prefer to use the same username and not confuse the person who would be managing it with different usernames?

Regards

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MY1
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks for your help @BasilDV 

After a number of hours, I tried again using a fresh browser session in incognito, which the initial 2 sessions were as well.

This time it went through, so it could be just waiting for the DB to release the unused record.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BasilDV

Hi @MY1 

We'd like to check on this further and see what we can arrange for you.

Kindly send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

MY1
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks for your help @BasilDV 

After a number of hours, I tried again using a fresh browser session in incognito, which the initial 2 sessions were as well.

This time it went through, so it could be just waiting for the DB to release the unused record.