TPG Community

Get online support

Poor TPG mobile signal NSW 2428 postcode Nov 2021

ssar
Level 3

My TPG mobile signal in the Forster-Tuncurry area (postcode 2428, NSW mid north coast) was terrible whilst visiting there over the last couple of days (5-7 Nov 2021) - Including both general & data mobile signal.

I've visited there dozens of times over the last few years, & most of the time some TPG mobile signal service is poor in certain areas, but in much of the region it is usually OK and workable.

These past few days, however, it was noticeably inadequate - very few areas (within the Forster-Tuncurry townships) with any mobile data connectivity, and often low or loss of any mobile general signal at all.

I have read other Vodafone users' reports of significant signal issues in this area over recent weeks.

Whilst in nearby much smaller areas (Failford, Nabiac, Coolongolook, Bulahdelah, Karuah), the mobile signal was OK as expected, including prompt reasonable mobile data connectivity.

May TPG please look into such mobile service infrastructure & performance in this area as a priority, as soon as possible.

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @ssar

We appreciate you raising this concern to us. 

We recommend having a read on this Community article: No Mobile Network Coverage?

For further assistance, let us have your Customer ID or username via private message so we can have our Mobile team to look into the coverage issue. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

ssar
Level 3

Thanks Ahra_G - TPG staff have been in contact via personal message.

I'm revisiting the Great Lakes (NSW 2428 postcode & surrounds) this weekend, will test mobile network signal etc. in the area again.

Shane

Let us know how it will go, @ssar.

Thanks Ahra_G - TPG staff have been in contact via personal message.

I'm revisiting the Great Lakes (NSW 2428 postcode & surrounds) this weekend, will test mobile network signal etc. in the area again.

ssar
Level 3

Revisiting the NSW 2428 postcode & surrounds late Nov 2021 showed improved 3g/4g network signal & performance.

However whilst revisiting same late Dec 2021 & early Jan 2022 3g/4g network signal & performance was again terrible, dramatically restricting my smartphone internet & network services & capabilities.

The area was very busy with many visitors - likely/seemingly many additional vodaphone network users overloading the inadequate infrastructure there.