TPG Community

Get online support

Porting from Optus to TPG

Sam-win
Level 2
Hi, I am trying to keep my original number from Optus and bring it with me to TPG. I brought a prepaid SIM card from TPG and then activated it. It said it was ready to go yesterday but when I put in the tpg sim is came up with a different phone number and wouldn’t connect to the server. I put the Optus card it and have had to use that over the past day. I have got in touch with both TPG and Optus and they both said the problem is with the other service provider. 🙄 Tonight my optus sim stopped working completely and I got an email from Optus saying they got the porting request and are processing it. Excited I put in the TPG SIM card... still a different number and not connecting to the network, even though it says “Vodafone AU” on the top bar showing signel it’s not working, of course unless I have it hooked up to my wifi. So now I’m without a working phone. I need a working phone for work. And now it looks like I’ve lost my original phone number
8 REPLIES 8
BasilDV

Hi @Sam-win,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and reviewed the account.

It seems that the porting of your mobile number has been successful. Are you still not able to use your mobile data? How about the incoming and outgoing calls?

Have you performed any troubleshooting?

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Sam-win
Level 2
Hi, no my phone is saying it’s using a completely different number still and I can’t even use that number. Optus said they have ported it over to TPG but it’s not there. And I have no access to texts, calls or internet
BasilDV

Thank you for the update @Sam-win.

Can you still receive a call using your mobile number? Or both incoming and outgoing calls are not working?

Do you have another number that we can use to contact you? I will raise this with our mobile team and have someone to look into the issue.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Sam-win
Level 2

04xxxxxxxx is the number given to my by TPG. I don’t even know if it can receive calls. I can send calls or messages

BasilDV

Thank you @Sam-win.

I'll notify our Mobile team to check on this further and have someone to contact you within the day.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Sam-win
Level 2
Ok, they tried to call me on my original number that isn’t working...the number Optus ported over to TPG. Can someone please fix this, I’ve been without a phone number for a few days now and I need it for work!
BasilDV

Hi @Sam-win,

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

I'll chase this with our Mobile team and make sure to contact you on your given number today.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @Sam-win,

I understand that our Mobile team has been in touch via E-mail and was informed that the case was already lodged to our Network Engineer in Vodafone.

They'll be in touch once an update is available.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV