TPG Community

Get online support

SIM Not Registered on Network - Can't make or receive calls

akarunaratne
Level 2

HI All,

10 days ago my TPG SIM was activated after porting the number over from a different Telco. Whilst TPG claimed SIM was active, I was unable to make or receive calls on the number which was ported over (the porting over was confirmed through old SIM no longer working and number being removed from account by other telco).

However, after the obligatory 48h wait, TPG was unable resolve the issue. They claimed number was active, however, cannot make calls or ring the number. AT the time, calling the number resulted in the line just falling/disconnecting – didn’t even go to message bank. After several attempts, TPG sent a new SIM for same number.

Two days ago, I inserted the (second) new SIM. Still, cannot make or receive calls. However, calling the number now results in going straight to message bank as if phone was either off or not in service region. Trying to make a call results in mobile generating a “SIM not registered on network” message.

I have taken SIM out, reinserted and restarted multiple times. TPG tech-support is terribly inept at providing a cohesive response. I am at wits end and quite literally on the verge of going to a different telco having not being able to make a single call from the TPG SIM 10 days after porting. Many personal security services (login codes) are tied to this number and the lack of service has provide most frustrating and the lacking of urgency from TPG has proved most disheartening! This is my last didge effort to see if something can be salvaged…

Any community help would be greatly appreciated…

Footnote: The phone works with other SIM cards and SIM doesn’t work on either of my phones.

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @akarunaratne,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I am sad to learn that the mobile service is still not working, send me a private message with your account details (Mobile Number/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include an alternate contact number. I will chase this with our Mobile Technical Team for further handling and have them contact you.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

HI All,

10 days ago my TPG SIM was activated after porting the number over from a different Telco. Whilst TPG claimed SIM was active, I was unable to make or receive calls on the number which was ported over (the porting over was confirmed through old SIM no longer working and number being removed from account by other telco).

However, after the obligatory 48h wait, TPG was unable resolve the issue. They claimed number was active, however, cannot make calls or ring the number. AT the time, calling the number resulted in the line just falling/disconnecting – didn’t even go to message bank. After several attempts, TPG sent a new SIM for same number.

Two days ago, I inserted the (second) new SIM. Still, cannot make or receive calls. However, calling the number now results in going straight to message bank as if phone was either off or not in service region. Trying to make a call results in mobile generating a “SIM not registered on network” message.

I have taken SIM out, reinserted and restarted multiple times. TPG tech-support is terribly inept at providing a cohesive response. I am at wits end and quite literally on the verge of going to a different telco having not being able to make a single call from the TPG SIM 10 days after porting. Many personal security services (login codes) are tied to this number and the lack of service has provide most frustrating and the lacking of urgency from TPG has proved most disheartening! This is my last didge effort to see if something can be salvaged…

Any community help would be greatly appreciated…

Footnote: The phone works with other SIM cards and SIM doesn’t work on either of my phones.

ckastelein
Level 2

Hi Community,

I have just activated my new TPG sim but the new SIM isnt working despite my old telco cancelling my old account. TPG tech support said my phone is locked to the old telco. The old telco said its not. Now i look at TPG community and find that the same thing has happened to akarunaratne. It doesnt fill me with confidence in TPG.

Can anyone help me so i can get this fixed ASAP. 

BasilDV

Hi @ckastelein

Thanks for raising this to our attention.

We'd like to have a better understanding of the situation and see what we can do to resolve this as soon as possible.

Please send me a PM with your customer ID and mobile number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV