TPG Community

Get online support

Selfie with ID to update records

rov123
Level 2

I find it appaling that I have to send a selfie while holding an ID to you guys to update information on my account.

5 REPLIES 5
Aubrey

@rov123 Privacy and security are very important to us. In instances where you're not able to log in to your account and update your information, you may have to go through our Privacy Team.

You can review our Privacy Policy at https://www.tpg.com.au/about-us/legal/privacy

rov123
Level 2

@Aubrey 

If privacy and security really is important to you, why are you asking for a selfie while holding a valid ID? Who in their right mind thought that this is a completely normal thing to ask from your customers?

You've already asked heaps of personal questions related to my identity and you can check what number I am calling from. Expecting your customers to send a selfie is just downright absurd.

Ahra_G

Hi @rov123

This type of security measure help confirm your proof of identity. At TPG, we use a combination of account or personal information.

At this point, this is the only option to proceed and complete the verification with our Privacy team.

-Ahra_G

rov123
Level 2

No, you are gravely mistaken. This type of "security" measure greatly puts my privacy and identity at risk. Please a more sensible way rather than asking your customers to send selfies.

rov123
Level 2

*please come up